Share This Page

jleon92f

Addicted Member, Male, from Mesa,AZ

jleon92f was last seen:
Mar 24, 2018
    1. AlexH
      AlexH
      Hi there,

Just a shot in the dark but I came across your PS4300 thread and I have the same table only it's missing a foot! Do you happen to still have your parts unit lying around and if so would you be willing to cannibalise a foot from it?

Thanks,
      Alex
    2. msteph41
      msteph41
      i need replacement tweeters for my 2 Pioneer CS 66G speakers (the foam surrounds on them have rotted-gone bad)? can you provide a source or any info? thanks!
    3. steelcity
      steelcity
      Thanks!! I'm getting old lol!
    4. jleon92f
      jleon92f
      Happy New Year to All Audiokarma Friends!
    5. multirock
      multirock
      Hi! I recently bought a JVC QL 5 Turntable. I put a Nagaoka mp 110 cartridge on it, and I think it sounds goood. However, could you recommend me some adjusts to improve the overall performance?
      Thanks!!
    6. cubdog
      cubdog
      Thank you John. I had a great day.
      Ross
    7. peteruk
      peteruk
      Thanks for your best wishes on my 72nd birthday.
      Still plodding along. Peter UK
    8. steelcity
      steelcity
      Just poppin in to see how you're doing..
    9. jleon92f
      jleon92f
      Easter Sunday is moving up fast..Everyone have a great Sunday family meal! God Bless America!
    10. Tommy_B
      Tommy_B
      Hi John,
      Sorry for the late reply ... been on vacation this past week. I grew up in Bellingham, and went to college at Southeastern Mass University (N. Dartmouth), which is now called UMass (Dartmouth). (I think most people who are not from New England get it confused with the Ivy League Dartmouth, but that's OK with me :-) Probably helps out on job interviews LOL).
      I got myself three R2R's to work on, but haven't been able to do anything yet. I'm especially excited about working on my Revox G36, but I may have to get one of the other ones working first so I can at least start playing around.
      Happy holidays!
    11. jmacster
      jmacster
      I noticed in a thread you were working on a turntable that i currently am trying to get going. Model JVC JL-F30. Everything is working great and the thing sounds very good actually I bought it off CL for 25 dollars and installed a new orotofon cartridge. When the platter is moving ie over the record there is no hum at all , dead quiet. BUT when the needle lands on the record a hum begins but it is not 60cycle tone it is perhaps a couple octaves above but persists thru the entire playing of the record. If I lift the cue it stops so i do not know how it can be ground type hum also it is Both channels

any help you could offer is greatly appreciated

John
    12. tube-it
      tube-it
      Thanks the response. I'm very pleased with it just recapped. More than I was expecting. Maybe I'll just leave well enough alone after all.
    13. tube-it
      tube-it
      I just finished recapping my AA-32. Now I'm curious about Triode mod. Did have a chance to try this? what was the result?
    14. skandl
      skandl
      Hello

I live out in Deer Valley, Phx and was wondering if you do repairs on the side? My buddies and I have been looking for a trustworthy repair tech to do cleanings and repair of vintage gear.

I have 2 AR XAs and one is being Mod'd I have a new Hurst motor but it appears I may need a 1/2 inch template to mount it correctly, do you have any idea about this?

My name is Terry Farmer and my cell is 5209044406 thanks in advance.
    15. jleon92f
      jleon92f
      I did not see a notice for your Bday?, So Happy Birthday to you too! And many more!
    16. jleon92f
      jleon92f
      Thank you, 62 today!
    17. Stanton681EEES
      Stanton681EEES
      Just noticed it's your Birthday. I had one two weeks ago yesterday. Have a good one.
    18. jleon92f
      jleon92f
      Happy New year!
    19. 1newbe
      1newbe
      Arrived safe and sound, obviously letting it get up to room temp. Will give it a twirl in a couple of hours. Thanks again, Britt
    20. jleon92f
      jleon92f
      Happy Holidays to All Aker's!
  • About

Birthday:
    January 29
    Retired!
    Married, Born in Brooklyn,NY, Have 6 Grandkids..

A auto Mechanic for over 30 years,I collect and repair a lot of Vintage Audio,Hobbies,collecting comics,Build Computers,Make stuff out of wood,Photography,etc.

Interact

Content:
    Yahoo! Messenger:
    jleon92f

Signature

Vintage System , Onkyo A-8017,JVC T-X200 Tuner,PL-550, Fisher MT-6421,Akai BIC T-2 cassette deck,CD NAD C542,JBL D-38's, Teac A-1500 RTR.