jleon92f
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• g'day from NZ.

just found your post abt lamp replacement (mcintosh ma5100). i have one, and need to replace the 1834s. i don't want to go digging in deep, and you suggested it was easy -- sooo, please, does taking the faceplate off expose them, then they simply bayonette out? (don't want to damage my friend!)

thx b4hand.cheers mate!david in christchurch.
    Hey, this might be a stretch given the age of the thread... but how was the process of replacing the tuner lamps on the KR-5200?
    Hello
    I read your post on fixing up a Dual 714Q, I had one given to me and have managed to bring it back from the dead. However the strobes do not work. Where did you purchase the strobes you put in your 714Q? digikey? mouser? do you remember the part number.
    Thanks, Darren
    Hi there,

Just a shot in the dark but I came across your PS4300 thread and I have the same table only it's missing a foot! Do you happen to still have your parts unit lying around and if so would you be willing to cannibalise a foot from it?

Thanks,
    Alex
    i need replacement tweeters for my 2 Pioneer CS 66G speakers (the foam surrounds on them have rotted-gone bad)? can you provide a source or any info? thanks!
    Hi! I recently bought a JVC QL 5 Turntable. I put a Nagaoka mp 110 cartridge on it, and I think it sounds goood. However, could you recommend me some adjusts to improve the overall performance?
    Thanks!!
    Easter Sunday is moving up fast..Everyone have a great Sunday family meal! God Bless America!
    Hi John,
    Sorry for the late reply ... been on vacation this past week. I grew up in Bellingham, and went to college at Southeastern Mass University (N. Dartmouth), which is now called UMass (Dartmouth). (I think most people who are not from New England get it confused with the Ivy League Dartmouth, but that's OK with me :) Probably helps out on job interviews LOL).
    I got myself three R2R's to work on, but haven't been able to do anything yet. I'm especially excited about working on my Revox G36, but I may have to get one of the other ones working first so I can at least start playing around.
    Happy holidays!
    I noticed in a thread you were working on a turntable that i currently am trying to get going. Model JVC JL-F30. Everything is working great and the thing sounds very good actually I bought it off CL for 25 dollars and installed a new orotofon cartridge. When the platter is moving ie over the record there is no hum at all , dead quiet. BUT when the needle lands on the record a hum begins but it is not 60cycle tone it is perhaps a couple octaves above but persists thru the entire playing of the record. If I lift the cue it stops so i do not know how it can be ground type hum also it is Both channels

any help you could offer is greatly appreciated

John
    Thanks the response. I'm very pleased with it just recapped. More than I was expecting. Maybe I'll just leave well enough alone after all.
    I just finished recapping my AA-32. Now I'm curious about Triode mod. Did have a chance to try this? what was the result?
    Hello

I live out in Deer Valley, Phx and was wondering if you do repairs on the side? My buddies and I have been looking for a trustworthy repair tech to do cleanings and repair of vintage gear.

I have 2 AR XAs and one is being Mod'd I have a new Hurst motor but it appears I may need a 1/2 inch template to mount it correctly, do you have any idea about this?

My name is Terry Farmer and my cell is 5209044406 thanks in advance.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom