Recent content by jmela

1. J

Attention Fairchild Freaks!

There’s a few outfits producing 670 clones, here’s one: https://www.undertoneaudio.com/products/unfairchild
  2. J

Replacement PEC Modules?

Printed PCB. Install was smooth and I feel as though there’s an improvement in sound. I was going to do one side at a time so that I could compare new vs old, but ultimately felt like doing the work in one fell swoop.
  3. J

Replacement PEC Modules?

Hey guys, there’s a fella on the bay selling replacement PEC modules for various Fisher receivers/ integrateds and preamps. These particular products have stock values and appear to be well-made; I ordered up a set for my 800c Question, has anyone tried these yet? Seller’s page is below...
  4. J

Ken Fritz - his "Million Dollar System" up for Auction

Insight into the system and Fritz himself: WaPo Fritz System Article "The value, the auctioneer said, was whatever somebody else was willing to pay for it."
  5. J

I think those 275s were well bought. Might even think about leaving the cosmetics alone, I like the look as-is.
  6. J

@sancho22 has some on the market…
  7. J

HiFi Heaven. Brett’s home collection

Cheers to whomever put that spreadsheet together.
  8. J

Ken Fritz - his "Million Dollar System" up for Auction

He built a pink elephant and can’t be surprised that nobody wanted to keep it fed in perpetuity.
  9. J

Today is junk picking day. Spot anything?

Couple Fluke meters in the box sitting on the barber’s chair…
  10. J

Fisher 800c project

Link to Jim's site is below. Though Jim recently retired, he responded to my inquiries promptly: http://www.mcshanedesign.net/tubes.htm
  11. J

Fisher 800c project

Nice score. I had an identical experience this past spring - estate-yielded an 800c that worked, sorta. So, Jim McShane has a nice parts kit together for these. I needed a little more hand-holding and went with a cap kit from "Metalbone", which came with a manual and step-by-step instructions...
  12. J

Fisher 800c: r119 voltage?

Hi all, getting close but still encountering issues: IBAM is installed but with multi-turn pots maxed out (and variac at 75v) , I'm unable to get bias down to manageable levels. Would changing the resistors in IBAM from 12k to 15k make any appreciable difference? Secondly, v14 has consistently...
  13. J

Thanks, Steve, have 10 ohm resistors in place and am proceeding w an IBAM install. I'd like to remove the bias cap clip, I think, so that the replacement caps can be affixed directly to the chassis. IBAM will then sit on top of these caps. Question - is the rivet holding the cap in place to...
  14. J

Hi guys, been bringing an 800c back and the knowledge here has been invaluable. Thus far I’ve installed the Metalbone kit, Hamfest cans, 200k grid resistors (but no IBAM or other tube attenuation). Just fired it up for the first time and was pleased to hear nice music (and not components...
  15. J

Westport, CT - Audio Auction

No connection, but Charles O’Neil certainly had some nice stuff: https://auctions.westportauction.com/?fbclid=PAAaYSx8qw3FtcP6Md0B-A6e2zaLWoITyril0FGzTLiFfISGCF_35F4t_xzr8
Back
Top Bottom