jobrewer1983
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Thank you so much for the fast reply: I am 67 years old am just learning how not to be a parts changer! I do understand, old caps that old should be replaced! Please give me a example of how to replase say the first cap? How do I search to buy one? First Im sure I go to a good site that sell cap but how do I search for that one for example? I want no learn how to buy one.....
    Reactions: jobrewer1983
    jobrewer1983
    jobrewer1983
    I don’t check this often, a barter way to reach me is via pM or in the open forums and a quote.

So to start, parts express is a good source for new caps, what your going to want to look for is is the values “uF” of the original caps, the voltage can be upped for more head room. An example. All of your caps are in the 100v range, I’d you order a 3uF 150v cap that would would fit the bill.
    Hello jobrewer1983... i pulled and checked all the caps like you said and they are marked as follows:
    60mfd/100v/+10% (meter tests 6.94)
    20mfd/100v/+10% (meter tests 22.2)
    18mfd/100v/+10% (meter tests 18.85)
    3mfd/100v/+10% (meter tests 3.19)
    80mfd/100v/+10% (meter tests 91.1)
    8mfd/100v/+10% (meter tests 8.74)
    jobrewer1983
    jobrewer1983
    It’s usually the smaller caps that go bad, most of those look to be in spec but that’s also not under load. So the 10% mark is the tollerance or value of the caps. It’s always good to replace 30-40 year old caps.
    I dont know how to check this proper on the meter and when I put it on the meter is wont stop going up and down the scale like form 0 to 60 and keeps doing that over and over? Please tell me who to check this last disk shaped mexico part if you will! Im trying to find out what is wrong with "this crossover" since the replacement is working fine from ebay?
    If so, then all the barrel caps check out ok and the last one I need to check is a small ceramic looking cap made in mexico with the markings X60 X05C on one side and UV6B MEXICO on the other side?
    So now I took all the caps out the bad crossover and they all are testing aprox. 10-15% higher then the rating on the caps? Example one caps says 60MFD 100V and tests at 68.7. Another says 20MFD and test at 22.7. Can you please tell me if they are within range and are ok to proceed?
    jobrewer1983
    jobrewer1983
    You need to cross check them against the stock speck. You should be able to find a “%” on them. So if it’s a 60uF cap and it’s a 10% cap and it’s reading 61uf your in range. To best answer your question I would ask you what’s the % tolerance on the original caps.
    Hello Jobrewer1983! I started fixing a pair of Cerwin Vegas ls-12 and desided to learn how to check and replace caps in the crossovers. One of the speakers sounds tired and nothing like the other speaker that is sounding very nice! I picked up a used matching ls-12 crossover on ebay and put it in the speaker thats playing ugly and now it matches the other 3 way!
    Thank you for your input on my LP-560 & Denon problem. I indeed found out just after posting my thread the Denon has a Phone Level Input and indeed also that ground hook.
    I see you have also a beautiful Pioneer PL 510A! Are you 'trading' also in retro devices or just a hobby?
    There seems to be a lot of stuff available in Japan ... but they are all 110V to tweak to 220V here in Europe.
    jobrewer1983
    jobrewer1983
    Yea I do trade often, I’ve got a few different tables. Most at the 120v US standard but nothing a step down can’t fix. :)

Good luck on the AVR, I think it should be a good amp for that table.
    Amigo! Just following up re: that RCA + ground panel/plate.
    Big hugs to you and your beautiful kitties!!

From
    Chopper-cat the tuxedo
    patches the brown and white tabby
    Paughco the gray and white tabby

X
    Hi Jobrewer,

I came across a recent post from you about a friend of yours in Oakland who has some new old stock Shure styli.

I live in Oakland as well and have a couple of M95 bodies that are looking for styli.

Any chance you could put me in contact with him?

Thanks very much.
    jobrewer1983
    jobrewer1983
    That was a good while ago, I’ve asked him since than and he didn’t have any left. It was for the M91ED, but who knows he may have others. His name is Paul, let me aske him if he he minds if I give his contact info out.
    Reactions: Fiddla
    Wow klh never thought their receivers were hot!
    jobrewer1983
    jobrewer1983
    Stolen KLH's? LOL No, not at all.. Or do you mean collectable? If so, yea they are. Over built as all get out. I gave them to a buddy on trade for other gear. :)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom