Recent content by johnda

1. johnda

Modern vs Vintage Amp?

I have used Yamaha, Cambridge, Emotiva, Dayton Audio hybrid amps, and a pair of Yamaha receivers. They all are very good sounding,reliable units, I used to enjoy fiddling with vintage gear, but now prefer new gear. Good luck!
  2. johnda

A Review of the Dayton Audio HTA100BT Amplifier

Dayton Audio HTA100BT Integrated Amplifier A Review by John D’Angelo When I visited the Parts Express web site, I took a hard look at their HTA100BT integrated amplifier, and I liked what I saw, but was unsure about the quality. I went to the web, looked at the videos, and read the...
  3. johnda

Hybrid Tube Amp HTA100BT Dayton Audio

Thanks Lavane. Being an old guy who once used tubes, (Dynaco SCA35, Harmon Karmon Award 500, Fisher 800), I would like to play with this amp. I know it's not a full tube, but the Hybrid type has caught my attention. My Award 500 amp could warm up my room!
  4. johnda

Hi Lavane, you never know. If the tubes are noisy and I want to replace them do you know what tube maker I should use? By the way, this morning I listened to the T652 AIRS, driven by my Yamaha receiver, and they sounded great! That AMT tweeter is clearly a winner.
  5. johnda

I ordered this from Parts Express, color me curious. It will be used in my bedroom powering my two T652 AIR speakers, also from Parts Express.We'll just have to see how it sounds. By the way it is A/B not D. I like the folks at Parts Express, so I'll take a shot.
  6. johnda

Happy Birthday Johnda!

I can’t thank you folks enough for those birthday wishes! You have no idea how great it made me feel! I wish you all love,laughter, and good health! Johnda
  7. johnda

One heck of a bargain!

James, thanks for the nice words, you the man! I want to say thanks to all the wonderful folks here who wished me a happy birthday. You all made me smile from ear to ear!
  8. johnda

Old but still ticking!

Old but still ticking!
  9. johnda

One heck of a bargain!

Hi E-Stat, have you listened to them? After doing a lot of listening; but not loud rock or Rap, that is just not in my pleasure book, I think the T652-AIR speakers are, to me, extremely smooth and listenable. They are light in the bass area, but their clarity and smoothness make them very...
  10. johnda

My Spidey Senses are tingling

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/cell_phones/bell_canada.html Hi You sent my warning bells ringing. The above link describes Bell Wireless as a one star company. Read the reviews. If they are not a scam, they are sure damn close to one. The tech should NOT have been allowed into your home.
  11. johnda

One heck of a bargain!

A Review of the Dayton Audio T652-AIR Tower Speaker I once owned the Dayton Audio B652-AIR bookshelf speakers, and they were very good for their cost. My son-in-law now has them in his office. When Dayton Audio announced the T652-AIR tower speakers, I thought that having a new version with two...
  12. johnda

A Review of the Cambridge AXA 35 Integrated Amplifier

Hi, Blinkjr, my son-in-law now has the axa35 and I now have the Emotiva AT1. The AXA35 has the better phono input sound, by a hair.The Emotiva has optical input, 60 watts/channel at no distortion.They both are great.
  13. johnda

Mcintosh mx113

I love the look of McIntosh gear. I have the EMOTIVA AT1 and love it, but as long as your McIntosh gear still sounds good, keep your wife happy.
  14. johnda

Now living in assisted living, but still listening to music!

Now living in assisted living, but still listening to music!
  15. johnda

Ending up on a high note, the Emotiva TA1

To tell the truth, I have been an audio enthusiast since the 50's. My career was 40 years of working in network television at NBC as a Stage Manager, Associate Director, Broadcast Operations Control Supervisor, Manager of Production Operations, and after I retired , a representative of the...
Back
Top Bottom