Recent content by JohnMac

1. JohnMac

audio pot for tone on lap steel guitar

Aren't the volume swells just a function of the playing technique? Or couldn't he simply use the regular volume pot that's on the instrument? I can't imagine how he could manage the pot and the picking with the same hand though. Sounds like a foot pedal would be the best option.
  2. JohnMac

Any slide players in the house?

Why is that billyz? Because of the fretboard radius?
  3. JohnMac

Yeah, the wine bottle slides all seem to have a bit of a flair on the bottle end.
  4. JohnMac

After reading about the different types of slides you folks use and seeing mention of copper tubing, I remembered that there is a length in my crawlspace, left over from when my house was built 25 years ago. I grabbed my tube cutter and went to work. I de-burred the ends and cleaned it up with...
  5. JohnMac

I do the same. I have small fingers and the snugger fit seems to give me more control.
  6. JohnMac

Couldn't Help Myself, a new-to-me guitar...

Nice. Agiles are fine guitars and the 3000 is a cool model. It sounds like you've done all of the appropriate mods to make it even better. I've never owned one but hope to some day. :)
  7. JohnMac

Monoprice 15w Tube Amp - speaker impedence?

Yes 8 ohm. FWIW, I tried a couple of "better" speakers in mine and ended up putting the original Celestion back in. After some break-in time it sounds great. I also replaced the reverb tank with a MOD and that was a worthwhile, inexpensive upgrade. Great little amps for the money. I actually...
  8. JohnMac

Led Zeppelin stick man (CNN)

I was always intrigued by that photo.
  9. JohnMac

Last Letter girl-boy-girl-.... name

Elwood
  10. JohnMac

Last Letter girl-boy-girl-.... name

Zachary
  11. JohnMac

Early pictures of You and Guitars

Early '70s.
  12. JohnMac

10" (8 ohm) Guitar Amp Speaker Suggestions?

I put a Ragin' Cajun in my '68 Custom Princeton reissue because I had it on hand and I find it to be a pretty nice upgrade..
  13. JohnMac

60s Japanese '335'

I would love to have seen that action. The "Swinga" is the perfect '60s garage band guitar. Impossible to intonate but who cared?
  14. JohnMac

60s Japanese '335'

And another Japanese model that I recently sold in an attempt to get my collection down to what I actually use. Kawai/Kingston "Swinger".
  15. JohnMac

60s Japanese '335'

That is a nice looking guitar! I just sold one that may have been made by the same company. Zero fret, similar pickups. After some work it really played and sounded quite nice.
Back
Top Bottom