Recent content by JosephH

1. JosephH

ADS L-1530 value

My Hafler 220 did not quite have enough grunt to really open the 1530s up. My Mc 2205 really woke them up! I agree with the solid state recommendation for the woofers. Even my Yamaha AX-900u integrated (135 wpc) had them shining!
  2. JosephH

Any one else on a diet? Share tips and encouragement.

I am now down 200 pounds from my 2020 maximum. Here is what I did Strict Keto (less than 20 grams of TOTAL carbs a day). Nothing processed, no sugar, green leafy veggies and protein. See Gibsonian's advice above. One meal a day (OMAD), with monthly 72 hour fasts. Any time you eat anything...
  3. JosephH

Brisket- a Saturday story

Awesome, I love my Joe and have the fireboard too! Brisket is our favorite, but an apple cider brined turkey breast is pretty awesome too! I am going to add a slo-roller soon! Up here in the Buffalo area, we smoke year round! Ribs and smoked Mac & Cheese! All of the neighborhood boys...
  4. JosephH

Mcintosh MC452 preamp?

I know it is heresy around here, but I am running an MX-136 in 2 channel direct mode with my MC452 and it sounds wonderful. It also has the built in MM phono preamp and FM tuner. Amazing bang for the buck! I don't use the HT & video features at all.
  5. JosephH

Want to know what speakers you are using for your McIntosh Gear

If you wish to stay with Klipsch I have a great deal of experience with the KLF-30 in the Legend Series. They are an amazing all around gem of a speaker. To my ear they do not have the listener fatigue that the Heritage series can cause. The Crites' upgrades can make them even better. Build...
  6. JosephH

SACD- HDMI output into SPDIF or TOSLONK Adapter

Thanks, gvl, I appreciate it. That is what I was afraid of. It doesn't really make sense to spend 2x-3x what I spent on my DAC for a converter. My SACD library will remain small! :(
  7. JosephH

SACD- HDMI output into SPDIF or TOSLONK Adapter

Hi Is there a good, reasonably priced (<$250) adapter that will take SACD audio output via HDMI and convert it to SPDIF or TOSLINK to send to a DAC? There are a flood of Chinese ~$50-$60 adapters out there, but it does not make sense to me to output high quality data and convert it in through a...
  8. JosephH

Schiit BiFrost II vs Denafrips Ares II?

Very well said. You perfectly captured my owner's experience and thoughts about next steps since acquiring my Ares II. I felt guilty about considering the rest of the Denafrips line so soon, but not any more!!! :beerchug:
  9. JosephH

Ares II paired with vintage tube amps.

I am VERY pleased with my new Ares II. It is still burning in but wow, what an improvement over my old DacMagic. It is lacking the glare of many other DACs and is not fatiguing so far. I understand why some translate this to "analog sounding" and I find it dynamic and accurate without the...
  10. JosephH

A/D/S line pecking order?

11. JosephH

ADS 2030 on Ebay, no affiliation

I love my upgraded 1530's but I was lucky enough to hear one of WmartinB's two pair of 2030s during a purchase visit. Let me tell you I was absolutely , and I was absolutely floored by the 2030's! I don't think I have heard any other speaker under $50k with as much presence as the 2030's. It...
  12. JosephH

Show us your Motorcycles

Same here! Here is a Griso
  13. JosephH

Show us your Motorcycles

Wow, the Italians have really upped their game since I purchased my Guzzi V1000G5. I am currently drooling over an 2013 Griso. if there was a MG dealer within 500 miles of me, I would pull the trigger in a heartbeat!
  14. JosephH

ADS L2030 Restoration

Damn, I skip Bartertown for ONE DAY........ Amazing speakers! I can't wait to learn what is next for you, Matt!
  15. JosephH

ADS L1530 Crossover

I still own pjrey's 1530s that started this thread, and they are still fantastic. The updates you are doing are definitely worth the effort and expense! You will be happy for a long time!
Back
Top Bottom