Recent content by JWB37

1. J

Gutting an old receiver and putting a new amp inside?

I cleaned the switches out and it did fix all of my control problems. It also sounds much better, but there is still a noticeable difference between the RD and my new lepai amp.The new amp is much better, but the RD sounds good enough now that I think I'll leave it until I can investigate the...
  2. J

I have not cleaned the controls. I will definitely attempt to clean it up and bring it back to life before I ever gut it.( you guys have convinced me) I noticed a huge difference in sound on my Ohm Es between the RD and a new Lepai amp. The Ohms sounded aweful. No static or anything, just a...
  3. J

How would I know which caps are electrolytic? I suppose if it's not too big a hassle I might as well take a shot at replacing them before I gut it. Heres a few pics of the internals. would it just be those bigger grey ones?
  4. J

It looks like it has hundreds of caps in it. I've done speakers but never a receiver. Would I only have to do a few of them?
  5. J

I have an old readers digest stereo amp that sounds like it needs quite a few capacitors replaced, and since that would be a lot of work and it isn't exactly anything special to begin with I figure I could gut it and use the housing and front controls with a new amp or transplant a newer...
  6. J

I caught the vintage bug!

Hello everyone, I recently found a set of Aztec Da Vinci Speakers, and in the same weekend of thrift shopping found a cool looking vintage Readers Digest stereo receiver. I've been looking for another hobby recently and I think I found it! This forum has been a great reference tool for me as I...
Back
Top Bottom