Recent content by KAC

1. KAC

Bi-amping the Piano Black Ref3A MM De Capo Be (92db 8ohms)

Appreciate your inputs Jerry. I tested cascaded. Using the phase test track, the voice came from the middle when in phase and all over the place when out of phase. But I will double check. I will talk to the tech who will modify the CJ and mention your inputs. Unfortunately, both my preamps do...
  2. KAC

Thanks for the suggestion Jerry. I have checked phase using a test disc and a mono recording and they appear to be correct but I will check again using your method. The second output of the Marantz based preamp is connected to Line 1 of the ASL, which is then connected to the input of the CJ to...
  3. KAC

Official Kef LS50 owners thread

Same here. Not using my LS50s that often but whenever I bring them out for a listen they never cease to amaze me.
  4. KAC

I was driving the DC with a 300B SET monoblock amplifier rated at 8WPC although realistically probably around 5 to 6 WPC. I am using a Marantz based tube preamplifier with 2 outputs. I also have a spare Antique Sound Lab tube preamplifier also with dual outputs. I recently got hold of a Conrad...
  5. KAC

Thanks sir. Enjoying it.
  6. KAC

Thanks for the comment but I just had it made. Wish I had the skills to build one.
  7. KAC

My custom stands for the LS50. Sand Filled Galvanized Iron Pipe, with wooden Base & platform. Urethane copper finish on poles, Urethane matted black on platform & base.
  8. KAC

Thanks working well so far but there is still room for improvement. Will tweak positioning and settings on the sub further.
  9. KAC

Yup. But it was not caused by the NAD. I got it preowned and it seems it had been damaged by the previous owner.
  10. KAC

T5i. T7 was too big for my room.
  11. KAC

Awwww. Too late. Got the REL already.
  12. KAC

overdriven perhaps
  13. KAC

Around US$300 based on current exchange rate as I am not based in the US.
  14. KAC

I bought a new LS50 driver and installed it myself or were you asking how much it cost me to get a new driver?
  15. KAC

Complete set up. Will be auditioning a REL T5i to supplement the LS50.
Back
Top Bottom