K
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey Sparky - You used to do work on my equipment back in the late 90's. I left in 2001 and moved back to Santa Fe a few years ago and am looking for someone to do some work. Any recommendations? Or could I get you to some really basic work - power switches, volume pot? Nothing real fancy, Mcintosh and Hafler. Not much use for my old Nak decks anymore but would love to find a way to power my Nak Mics - Mike S.
    Hi Karma 16. I wanted to thank you fro the great post you wrote in answer to Theophile's comment regarding TTs and quality audio. I am a very new member in AK but in the few hours I have been reading the various posts I see a serious lack of understanding form a lot of people here of basic principles in audio and electronics. I see a lot of people having a bunch of TTs but I keep wondering if they actualy listen to any of them in a serious way. As you very well remarked it seems that a lot of them are more like nostalgia collectors than music enthousiasts. It is beyond me that people keep hanging on to ideas that are plainly wrong.

Although I totally agree that TT set up can make or break the sound of a great TT given the same accurate and correct set up a great TT will always sound much better than a cheaper quality one.

Anyway AK is a great site and I like the lively way that people defent their ideas and share information.

Regards to all from a newbie!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom