Recent content by Kegger

1. Kegger

Weston Acoustics?

Hey Corie, Is there a website for this manufacturer?
  2. Kegger

Your Favorite EL34 or Equivelent Power Tube

Old stock, Sylvania fat body, or new stock, JJ KT77
  3. Kegger

Ever forget where you got things?

Yah unfortunately it happens to often these days, much more the older I get.. But at least that is better than knowing you have something but can't figure out where the heck you put it!:no::crazy::no:
  4. Kegger

What's it

Pentode, Tetrode whatever.. :)
  5. Kegger

What's it

Why does it have to be a Rectifier or Triode? Maybe a Pentode?
  6. Kegger

Grabbed a pair of Quantum 5's, who else has these things?

SWEET! Yah I gotta get by there, That would be a great invite for sure... I also found a few fuse holder tops they may fit the missing one. (if yur in the area just gimme a shout out and I'll hand um to yu)
  7. Kegger

Grabbed a pair of Quantum 5's, who else has these things?

Nice start to the redo, keep us posted to the progress.. :thumbsup:
  8. Kegger

SE 6v6?

That sounds odd on the swapping outputs and it's fine. You shouldn't be saturating the Edcors, unless it's really low notes and it's just the performance of that inexpensive output. (could experiment and lower the value of the coupling cap, may try cutting it in half and go from there)
  9. Kegger

KT88, (ect) Single ended amp, SEUL

Project looks very nice, :thumbsup: I like the operating parameters of the 807 as well, yah that looks quite good to me. -------------- Now as to the 12BH7, honestly I'd say the current on the tube isn't low at all, if my calcs are about right I get just under 9.5ma, that's pretty solid. In...
  10. Kegger

Help me pick an amp design: P-P EL84 with 12ax7 driver

I hear yu, yah the 12ax7 doesn't draw much current nor give you much cathode voltage to work with, just the nature of the darn tube. :whip:
  11. Kegger

Kward, not arguing, (you know me) :) But I'm curious why you had trouble direct coupling the ax7 to the au7 with a 330v supply? After power supply droppers, Basically for me I get those tubes on a 300v rail, set the plate of the ax7 at like 95v, that basically leaves 200v at the plate of the...
  12. Kegger

I'm with Shadowdog, look at the Diytube/Shannon Parks version, Also the original ST-35 using the 12DW7(1/2 ea 12AX7/12AU7) and see it's layout. Compare that to your proposed schem, you'll see the same basic layout just a 12AU7 as the splitter and the changed resistor values used in that area...
  13. Kegger

Plush 4000G Schematic?

I've been digging, and so far can't find any Plush schems in my files, but am still looking on older drives..
  14. Kegger

Looking for a preamp for my Sonic Frontiers SFS-80

My favorite phono stage used here with that preamp was an EAR 834P, (with the general suggested mods floating around, decent used prices)
  15. Kegger

The 12AX7 and 12AU7 are very different tubes, and serve very different purposes when used correctly. In the design/schematic you are working with the 1st tube in the front is the voltage amp, pretty much means a gain tube, the 12AX7 is a gain tube. The 2nd tube sitting in front of the outputs...
Back
Top Bottom