ken kantor
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi Ken, I wanted to let you know that my NHT Super One's are some of my all-time favorite speakers. They were the only speakers I've found that have the same timbre as my former ADS L-1290's, albeit with less bass. The NHT's are wonderful, and I love playing them. Thanks for a great product!

And, are there any recommended upgrades or modifications for the Super One's that you know of?

Thanks very much,
    Jeff
    Saw your name today on site .I was just reading old Speakerbuilder interview from 4/86. DIY speakerbuilder since 1980. Remember Fried kits with Dalesford woofers. I have used many of his plans. The OEM Fried Dalesford from 81 sound better in his C3L and O4 t-line cabinets if you are familiar with them. His OEM versions were nothing like the Kef and Audax. Sensititvity 88 and 90 db. The midbass has far more detail in t-line then aperiodic enclosure.. Many of today's high priced kevlar sound less musical then old Dalesford. Using last set of replacements. Armour all has kept surround and plastiflex dampening in good condition. The tone of Nomex voice coil formers sound more correct then kapton and aluminum .Best regards Jim
    I have been enjoying a set of NHT M-100's for about a year and a half now, and I cannot find any information on them........ pretty much anywhere. I was wondering if you could shed some light on them for me. I love them dearly, but I know nothing about them. Any info would be much appreciated.

-jeff
    Hello, Ken:
    I just bought a pair of older NHT 1.3's. Some people have mentioned an overly bright top end. I don't find them that way at all. As a matter a fact they seem to closely resemble my Mission 751's, with a slightly recessed mid range and beautifully detailed, airy highs. Wonderful soundstage as well. After enjoying the sound for a bit, I looked in the rear ports and was surprised to find a complete absence of any damping material. Is this normal for these speakers? I was also surprised to find such thick wood comprising the enclosure walls. Looks approximately 1 in. thick. The boxes are rock solid. Perhaps because of that fact, they don't need damping material? I have wanted to own a pair of NHT's for a long time. Now that I do, I certainly see what the fuss is about. Regarding the crossovers. If I recap them, is there anything you can think of that I might do to make them even betterl?
    Cheers
    George Clarke
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom