Recent content by Kenny

1. K

Open Baffle Epiphany!

Man that's certainly a sweet looking driver,Wow,there is a lot of reasonably priced drivers out there,looks like Great Value for the Money,and you can make it work for you!....Have Fun,take your time,Looking Good!......Enjoy the break in......I like to Listen to them break in,its amazing when...
  2. K

Open Baffle Epiphany!

twiii,awhile back, I owned a pr of Bozak 12 in Coaxials,the cabs baffle board had a marked cutout for adding future 6 in mid....They were assembled c/w components,in Canada by some forgotten Furniture Co.,were Beautiful,big cubes,and up on low stands,tilted back sounded great with my Fisher tube...
  3. K

Open Baffle Epiphany!

Nixxuz....I have no experience with the Dayton's you are ordering,but several years ago,I ordered a pair of Dayton 10 inch woofers,and was totally pleased with their performance and build quality...I'm almost certain you will be happy,but give them some time to loosen up. I used mine for/ in an...
  4. K

Open Baffle Epiphany!

Welcome to AK,tubav,I like the shape of your OB's......OB's are sure fun to experiment,try different drivers with,our ears tell us a lot. Looks like I see a pr of Mono Blocks there,are they your design? Let us know what you think of the Whizzer' (Wizard?) pair hnash? EP Concert...
  5. K

Open Baffle Epiphany!

Regarding the whizzer cones,I found they just didn't quite get the highs,(for my taste)...but considering their age,they did very well in their era.. I found newer speakers(especially tweeters) to have better sounding highs,(to my and Daughters ears). When I went back and Listened to...
  6. K

Open Baffle Epiphany!

I think above is good advice,in my opinion,as Great passive crossovers can be tricky to get right,in any speaker. Not trying to scare people away from them,I use them,in my OB's,but in my situation,was very lucky that a good friend built/tweaked mine. I consider him a Wizard of sorts in my world...
  7. K

Open Baffle Epiphany!

Well,don't know about the rest you guys,but I'll admit I was 'Openly Baffled' reading some of the above posts,trying to figure out as to who would admit to actually owning Monkey Coffin's! O.M.G!... Ok,nuff Monkey Business! ....Yes,tonight finally get to watch AC/DC,Live in River Plate,been...
  8. K

Open Baffle Epiphany!

Those B&C speakers look really interesting,with their unique magnet structures. Sometimes you have to just bite the bullet and... 'Go For It'...on the other hand,can be risky proposition being a first adopter. They certainly do look as if they would deliver good sound,and dynamics with their...
  9. K

Open Baffle Epiphany!

Kray,absolutely Wicked looking picture!.....bit of dough tied up there,actually a Lot of Dough,and look at his ceiling height,must be nice,I'm thinking those panels are 7 ft tall,maybe 8,and ceiling could be 20-30 ft,definitely an Absolutely Huge room to house his Mac extravagances! Its almost...
  10. K

Open Baffle Epiphany!

hnash53.....I don't know if you ever see or might come across any Isophon/Telefunken(Noresco,Canadian) 12 in Ovals out on the coast,but they might be 'Very' suitable for what you are asking about,depending,on your Music/volume preferences? I've happily hung on to my Noresco Alnico version...
  11. K

Hey,I'm a lot like you,totally lucked out a guy I know designs p-crossovers for Emerald...

Hey,I'm a lot like you,totally lucked out a guy I know designs p-crossovers for Emerald Physics,OB CO.I manged to get pr EP spks,he didn't need them, likes d.i.y.speakers. Nice talking with you Buddy,seems some folks are still very approachable on Ak,I like that! Keep in touch,take care.... Kenny
  12. K

Glad you enjoyed my OB Book,I'll try to keep post size down in the future,hopefully try and get...

Glad you enjoyed my OB Book,I'll try to keep post size down in the future,hopefully try and get some pics added,with Son's help. Happy Listening Kenny
  13. K

Open Baffle Epiphany!

Mkane your workmanship,skill set are looking like works of Fine Wood Art,where do you find all your energy! I'm not sure if at the beginning it was part of your motivation to slowly go smaller-n-smaller,but I think I'm seeing that you have kinda 'Down-Sized,from your original concept speaker...
  14. K

Mystery Mystery Scott "Custom" 6BM8 Integrated???Anyone??

I'm glad I'm still around too Doug,cause I've just retired at 66,and I'm certainly hoping to finally have some fun,after working for 50 years,ha,ha! Happy to hear you know your way around old tube gear electronics etc.we have a challenged Daughter so safety round here was/is paramount,and I...
  15. K

Open Baffle Epiphany!

Kenny B's OB story: Hi Fellow OB'ers,haven't been on Ak for 'quite some time',but have to tell you,the 1st place I wanted to head,was right back to this thread to see how projects had evolved .Cool to see it was still happening. Really enjoyed the positive vibe,camaraderie,that you have all...
Back
Top Bottom