kfa888
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I stumbled on to your post regarding Focal 706 speakers that you really liked while I was researching a diy speaker I think your 706 uses drivers similar to the ones I have. My drivers are JM Lab 6VE3251B mids and TPCBJM tweeters. Is there anyway you can suggest crossovers? If you can take some pictures of your crossover or the values, it would be helpful.
    Hello,

I'm pretty new to tinkering with audio setups. I'm trying to fixup my dad's old speakers, the Sony APM 909. I'm looking for an amp for it. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Do you still have your janis sub do you have any more info on the original driver and i am looking for one i can call you back if you email me your ph.no. stereo70bees@hotmail.com
    cavu
    cavu
    Long delay on this conversation. Apparently missed your reply. If you still have Yamaha JA4001 are you interested in selling them?
    Do you still have the Yamaha JA4001 speakers mentioned in a posting about a year ago?
    Found your '06 thread about Martins. can you help with info on my speaks. Post title is Speaker Knowledge. They are 1999, Danish, from a defunct company. THX
    The most impressive collection I have ever seen....LMAO, my wife is upset with my 8 pairs of speakers.....I couldn't imagine....well, I can.....because I know my addiction to great sound is just in it's beginning stages. When I see a deal, something just clicks and I have to jump on it and as much as I tell myself I can flip them for a profit, when it comes time....I just can't get rid of them.....LOL. Right now I am working on a Marantz 2325 and an Adcom 555 amp.....somebody stop me!!! Thanks for the add, have a great day.
    Hey Kelly hows it going! Question for you if I may. You are still running the Imperial 9's right?

AK member secondslc has been asking me about what I would recommend for replacement woofers, apparently his are not the originals. I have been trying to do some box calculations on them based on the little info I have so that we can come up with reasonably close replacements. I believe that they are 4 Ohm pairs run in series and just a handfull of the other parameters. I then remembered that you have a pair of these.

Are those original woofers in yours or did you replace them? If you have, I was wondering what you have had the best luck with. I figured that I would check with you first as it might save us some time and money experimenting with god knows what.

Thanks, Ron

Thanks
    I did read your restoration story about the marantz imperial 9. I also have a restored pair of those.
    I did have a similar experience like you had since I did not know what they would sound like. I only knew about the specs and the description marantz was advertising and gave them a shot. So I did send them to a company to have them restored.
    I have them for about a year now and I must say that I did never hear speakers reproduce voices in that quality. Also the detailing (resolution) and dynamic is very impressive. I use a california audio lab cd player with a tube digital/analog converter and a classic kenwood kr9600 receiver. Maybe this comes close to the sound of a tube amp.
    They never sound harsh or are tiring. Highly detailed, soft high fidelity sound and with a very dramatic impact. Makes things and windows rattling easily.
    And the bass ! Wow ! That is really something to impress you everyday.
    As advertised : effortless !

They indeed give you a life-like sound into your living room.
    The only drawback I can hear is that is not possible to spot violins within a big orchestra (or similar ) exactly. This is because of the arrangement of many drivers and the cancellation effects.

I would not dear to try to change the original drivers.

greeting from germany !
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom