Recent content by KingBubba

1. KingBubba

The Knife Thread.....

Japanese knife makers are superior to most other nation's makers. They are also well known for high quality steel making. Your knife is a good one.
  2. KingBubba

TimeFrame T400 Need a New Replacement Woofer; I Think

The rotation, with the other pair of TimeFrames, will be my first move if the removal of the original woofer shows no repairable options.
  3. KingBubba

Years ago I had a pair of small bookshelves that lost one woofer. Once opened up, it was obvious that the problem was the magnet detached itself from the frame. I replaced the magnet with some good 2 part glue and it held on well. The problem arose when no sound emanated from them. I used way to...
  4. KingBubba

I'm going to lift up the cloth cover and poke around and see what I can see. There is a possibility that it could be the surround at fault. I got a new roof going on which will keep me otherwise occupied for a bit, but at least I have a good contractor.
  5. KingBubba

Bridge collapse in Baltimore

There has been some discrepancy between when the bridge was built. It is reported to have been built in 1977. The Governor of Maryland reported having crossed it as a child. He looks older than being a child in 1977. Who knows what kind things we will find out with this disaster.
  6. KingBubba

Saved from the trash heap...

They appear too well made to be homebrew.
  7. KingBubba

Amazon Smart Plug to Power On Amp

Saving your switches is especially useful. I am not sure that non-relay power devices are a great idea. I have a remote power setup that uses relays for powering on my bedroom system. I haven't had to use the amp switches in over five years.
  8. KingBubba

Really rare Victor speakers.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
  9. KingBubba

Shapton Whetstones. You would have to spend a lot of money to get anything better.

What could possibly be falling apart? The wood looks good and the ceramic sticks could outlast humanity.
  10. KingBubba

Residential Electric Service Upgrade to 100 amp or 150 amp?

You're electrician is looking forward to the continuation of the electrical work need in finally upping yourself to a 200 amp service. Do it now. You will be glad you did in the future.
  11. KingBubba

Shapton Whetstones. You would have to spend a lot of money to get anything better.

I have a Lansky System that I picked up at a thrift. For the life of me, I cannot find it anywhere. I guess it is one of those things that disappear when you move. I also have lost a Randall knife. That one really hurts.
  12. KingBubba

My daily system, which has a pair of TimeFrame 400s, is exhibiting some issues. The left woofer is starting to get a serious buzz/rasp with certain frequencies. The frequencies are in the human vocal range. Sometimes I play my TV shows through the bedroom system and at certain vocal frequencies...
  13. KingBubba

AK Retiree Club

Gad, what beauties they were. That was the one. It is nice to look at one again. Carrying one a half mile back to the car was just too much. I still wish I had gotten it.
  14. KingBubba

What would you do with these cabinets?

I am glad that this thread worked its way out of its difficulties. I now feel like I can make a post. Those cabinets are two parts. The external light wood structure is an add on to protect the original cabinet. My guess is that these were used as stage monitors and the extra wood was added to...
Back
Top Bottom