Recent content by kirkendoll

1. kirkendoll

What Kind of Razor Do You Use?

Late 50s early 60s Gillette fat boy with a nos one to spare.
  2. kirkendoll

Beginner Advice | HH Scott LK-48

Does yours have the original tubes like mine does and most of them did 4 telefunken 7189 3 telefunken 12ax7 2 rca 7199 Ge 5ar4 Don't let the audio repair man talk you into replaceing those old crappy tubes for some brand new ones.
  3. kirkendoll

Happy Birthday kirkendoll!

Thank you all!!!
  4. kirkendoll

What's your latest audio purchase?

The Marantz 5030 from its original box I got this weekend and the belts are trashed.
  5. kirkendoll

What's your latest audio purchase?

Nothing cooler than getting equipment in original boxes :D
  6. kirkendoll

Let's See Your Miscellaneous Car Photos

It is sad that it is worth more as a parts car than whole
  7. kirkendoll

Let's See Your Miscellaneous Car Photos

A very rusty 64 GTO that I came across today that was last tagged in 1973. It's a factory 4 speed 389 4 barrel car and he has the original motor but no tranny. He has the hood too. He said he wanted 6500 for it. Too rich for my blood. No affiliation
  8. kirkendoll

Nonstick frying pan vs. full steel pan

I really like these two types Duncan Hines set that my mom bought in the 80s or 70s. Triple layered bottom consisting of stainless outside, carbon steel middle for even cooking temps, and stainless inside. The second is a made in France Williams Sonoma set I got at a auction that is made up of...
  9. kirkendoll

What was the the last audio-related item you purchased?

I was checking out the Little Rock habit for humanity Restore and in the very back sat a console so I opened the top and found this Scott Stereomater 345. Unfortunately it had a sold tag on it but upon further inspection the date on it for when the buyer was supposed to pick it up was 6 days...
  10. kirkendoll

Please Help Identify DeWALD Integrated Tube Amp, and <MYSTERY> tubes

The Lafayette LA90 uses the same chassis as your Dewald with a different faceplate
  11. kirkendoll

Bad JBL 035ti… new copy or used from EBay?

There is a good chance the wires to the voice coil are deteriorated and will need replaced. Both of the tweets on my LX55 speakers were like that. Just cut out and solder in new.
  12. kirkendoll

Is This Picture Concerning To Anyone?

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/amplifier-distortion-dc-offset-and-you.5634/
  13. kirkendoll

Is This Picture Concerning To Anyone?

Headphones will only show if the preamp is good. I have a 2252b that sounds great through headphones but the power amp is dead :(. Also check dc offset if you have a voltmeter, there is a thread about that here and it's simple to do.
  14. kirkendoll

Help my identify drivers and a possible whole value.

Drivers might be magnavox like these which match almost perfectly besides having black frames.
Back
Top Bottom