Recent content by kozzmo99

1. kozzmo99

Thomas Schick tonearms

so I heard back from Mr. Schick today. He advised me to tighten the bolts to eliminate the movement....did it, done...all tight now.
  2. kozzmo99

Thomas Schick tonearms

ok so I took a short video....light pressure on the arm wand produces slight movement at the pivot...not sure if this is right...
  3. kozzmo99

Thomas Schick tonearms

Question for Schick users out there... I recently took delivery of a 12" schick arm... I have noticed that there is a fair amount of play in the bearings and this bothers me. For no other reason that I am neurotic! I did ask Thomas about this and he says it's normal. Just wondering what...
  4. kozzmo99

Garrard 301/401 owners club!

maybe you have some room issues? Feedback? I have been fighting brightness with my system for some time and it all came down to room flections and sound absorption. I have had feedback issues in the past with turntables and moving the table and or dealing with what the table was sitting on...
  5. kozzmo99

Garrard 301/401 owners club!

I have absolutely no problem with vibration and the slate plinth, Quite the opposite actually. But my floor is concrete. I am guessing that if you go with a lighter plinth your problems will only be exacerbated. It sounds like you have a trampoline problem with that floor....I'd say try...
  6. kozzmo99

Redboy's setup from the audio underground

Thats pretty.....who did your overhauling?? I'm thinking of sending my grease bearing off somewhere..
  7. kozzmo99

Redboy's setup from the audio underground

Nice! How do like the new to you Garrard in the slate?? Is that a modded 103??
  8. kozzmo99

Installing a cart on AT-12T arm

I use null pints 66 mm and 120.89 and it sounds great
  9. kozzmo99

Does anyone find vocals recessed with the Denon 103???

Thanks I'll keep that in mind when this one dies....
  10. kozzmo99

does the retip make it sound more like a "modern" MC? I really like the meaty full sound that it provides as it but a little more detail would be great..
  11. kozzmo99

Anyone DIY a Funk Firm Achromat???

awesome!!
  12. kozzmo99

Cartridge break in period ... a question?

Thats interesting......I just did the same thing with a new Denon 103r, I anal retentively kept a check list of every side played. When I got to about 130 check marks, one mark for each side played, things really opened up with this cartridge....I stopped with the check marks probably after 5...
  13. kozzmo99

Cartridge break in period ... a question?

A cartridge has a "mechanical" part to it. The suspension. This is what is "breaks in". Once the suspension loosens then the cartridge will be "broken in" Some cartridges will sound very different after this break in period, in my experience .
  14. kozzmo99

Anyone DIY a Funk Firm Achromat???

this is exactly what I did, and I did it by accident, but drilling the hole slightly undersized has allowed the mat to flatten out....there is also ZERO static here in my SUPER dry winter basement....
  15. kozzmo99

"not sure I’d say vocals were recessed exactly but definitely weren’t right" This is good way to put it....not exactly recessed by just not right..
Back
Top Bottom