Recent content by lattiboy

1. lattiboy

Highly recommend a new album, Dijon - Absolutley

If you like that first video, highly recommend this one where the energy is so intense they are on the edge of falling apart or exploding or both.
  2. lattiboy

Highly recommend a new album, Dijon - Absolutley

It is exceedingly rare to hear something actually new and novel, and I think the album from (mostly TikTok famous) musician Dijon is very worth your time. I don't even love all of it, but I've listened to it three times now and it's incredibly interesting and raw. The engineering/recording is...
  3. lattiboy

The Cayin RU6 DAP / DAC is utterly frustrating, but sounds incredible

Thanks! They’ve got a pair for $130 refurb on eBay, think I might bite. One thing I read is big heads might not love it. I have an enormous melon. Any feedback on that?
  4. lattiboy

The Cayin RU6 DAP / DAC is utterly frustrating, but sounds incredible

Unusable on my iphone because of power restrictions over lightening, no external volume control from any device, doesn't play nice with the BlueSound node, no line out, and kind of bulky. That's all the bad, and it is kind of a big list. The good? It’s by far the best sounding headphone DAC /...
  5. lattiboy

Recommendations for a mid-priced tube preamp

I Unfortunately shipping is $180 additional dollars on that refurb. Think I’ll keep my eyes peeled for a domestic unit.
  6. lattiboy

Thanks! Yeah, that’s come up repeatedly for me in my searching. I’m not sure if the tone controls and other upgrades are worth the extra cost or if I should buy the Psvane tube bundle. With the upgrades and shipping it’s close to $500
  7. lattiboy

I had the OG Saga and while it looked pretty I couldn’t discern any audible difference with it in active or passive. Changed to a vintage tube and still no dice. I am running a Topling D90 (or similarly specd DAC/pre) into a Denon POA2200 power amp. It’s incredibly detailed and powerful, but...
  8. lattiboy

Hello, I’m looking for something a few steps up from one of those FX Audio $50 tube preamps, but still under $500 (new or used). Two outputs would be nice; but not necessary. Also, the ability to run in passive mode. Totally fine with Chinese brands as I’ve generally had great luck with their...
  9. lattiboy

The Vandersteen Treo CTs, diminishing returns, and the end of (audio) history

I am totally gonna flip these eventually! They’re specifically designed to be listened to in an anechoic chamber while receiving a blood transfusion from a poor kid trying to pay for college.
  10. lattiboy

Lol, i got banned for 30 days at Audio Science Review for posting this follow up comment to some (apparently) moderator who was kind of supportive of the review: Did you catch the part where I think you’re a bunch of joyless nerds who don’t even care about music anymore wasting your lives...
  11. lattiboy

This is really the only correct response. Thank you
  12. lattiboy

Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you look around a room and realize, “I don’t belong here and everybody knows it.”? Growing up lower-middle class in the US and being in constant economic peril until about the age of 30, I sure have. This is the story of how a pair of speakers...
  13. lattiboy

Large Advent or Klipsch 4.2?

I've owned both, totally different sound. OLAs are absolutely classic "vintage" sound: you can listen to them for the rest of your life and never be bothered by them. The Klipsch are quite a bit newer and have a very forward sound with punchy bass and they can be driven with practically no...
  14. lattiboy

I will be needing speakers for an early solid state system. Thoughts?

I'm partial to Canton. Their CT and Karat lines (late 80s to mid 90s) are as good as I've ever heard and can often be had for a song. I have a pair of CT-120s that are second only to my newly acquired Vandersteen Treo CTs. The Treos put me in a similar position as you. I'm not super wealthy, and...
  15. lattiboy

Dac with MQA question

MQA requires a usb connection to work. Using a cheap Android phone with USB-C output and something like the THX Onyx is a very cheap solution. I use the Onyx via usb on a raspberry pi running volumino and it's an outstanding DAC / preamp. So good I sold my other pres and DACs. However, with...
Back
Top Bottom