1. LFazio51

CR1020 Restoration Guidance

I really can't say why they were 10ohm.
  2. LFazio51

Withdrawal

...I'm depressed over the length of time its taking to complete one! :(
  3. LFazio51

Powder coating

I just had (2) transformer end bells coated professionally and was charged $10. And while this is much smaller than a top cover, I would suggest that between $40-$65 would be a reasonable professional fee. Much higher and I would seek additional quotes.
  4. LFazio51

Very "fengshui!" :beatnik:
  5. LFazio51

Thanks for the feedback on the desoldering station. I'll have to investigate and make my decision! I've looked on eBay and these now have a "dual display" and are roughly $160, so, half the price of the Hakko. At 50% of the Hakko price, I'm leaning towards the hakko as I believe Amazon has the...
  6. LFazio51

It's becoming clear to me that I'm going to need to invest in one of these de-solder vacuum tools. I guess the Haako FR300 is what everyone is recommending. If you have other recommendations that will last and sufficiently accomplish the task, please share.
  7. LFazio51

So, once the switches are removed, will I have access to their interior? I'm asking as there doesn't appear to be a good way to dismantle these switches. If I try to "pry" them apart, I fear they will break as I've shown in the photo above - can someone elaborate on the dismantling of these...
  8. LFazio51

Post#176 begins the consideration for cleaning the chassis - in a manner that will afford water entry into the switches.
  9. LFazio51

Ok, I was attempting to disassemble the audio mute push-button and removed the housing from the chassis. It appeared to me that removing the front white portion of the switch itself may afford access for cleaning - WRONG. While attempting to apply pressure to determine if by pulling "up" on it...
  10. LFazio51

Exactly what I needed - Thank You sir! Now that I have the much needed added clarity, I can properly evaluate my options and make a good choice! Man, if I get this thing working properly again, I'm gonna be stoked and surely up for some type of award!! Maybe 1st place in the "Personal...
  11. LFazio51

Ok, this approach to cleaning is new to me and seems like there is potential for damage if not performed correctly. So, after reviewing both @rottalpha and @Oilmaster recommended procedures, I think I'll be more comfortable with the Oilmaster approach; just not comfortable enough with removing...
  12. LFazio51

Will be purchasing the insulators when ordering the transistors :yikes: I'm having some difficulty "wrapping my head" around this concept but I'll go with it. No Mr. Proper available here but I'm sure another oven cleaner will perform similarly. My larger concern involves determining what I...
  13. LFazio51

Alright people - FULL DISCLOSURE - I FEEL LIKE AN IDIOT! I saw Oilmaster's Post (#157) late Friday evening after imbibing my fair share of adult beverage, and I think it goes without saying, was unable to "grasp" the humor at the moment. My response the next morning was obviously driven by my...
  14. LFazio51

Transformer Prep TR712/715 - I realize this is not necessary on the CR1020 as many have indicated, however, what the hell! Nothing like a little custom engineering to make one feel good about their efforts! Lots of opportunity to improve the precision of fabrication but I think it will do...
  15. LFazio51

CAUTION - PHOTOS AND PICS IN THIS THREAD MAY CAUSE LOSS OF APPETITE, NAUSEA, FRUSTRATION, ANXIETY, BOREDOM, AND MOMENTARY FEELINGS OF EXCITEMENT. IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY OF THESE SYMPTOMS, PLEASE CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN IMMEDIATELY! Digestive adjustment photo below... I've also located the...
Back
Top Bottom