Recent content by Lorenzo47

1. Lorenzo47

AR-11 L-R Balance Frustrations

As near as I can remember AR advised placing AR3a (my speakers) flush with the wall with little or no toe in. They did recommend staying away from corners. I would think the AR11 would be similar. I've never seen or heard anyone suggest turning them upside down.
  2. Lorenzo47

That Grado Opus3 Cartridge

I'm sure you are right. My XA that was modified has a Technics wand and a heavier head shell. Didn't realize the stock wand and head shell could accommodate the Opus. I have another XA that I modified some time ago that sports a Jelco 9 inch arm. The counterweight on it does accomodate the Opus...
  3. Lorenzo47

I should add that I run my Opus 3 on my marcmorinized AR XA that I bought new in 1969. It's not possible to fit the woody with the stock counterweight because of the weight of the cartridge. I have 3 heavier counterweights, 2 of which were made by Larry Spence. You can also attach small lead...
  4. Lorenzo47

Grado Opus3 review

I have several Grados, including a Blue 3 and and Opus 3. The Blue 3 is great but the Opus 3 gets all the play. The tech stuff is great and good reading but I listen to music. My preference is the Opus.
  5. Lorenzo47

I really like my Opus 3. Currently running on my Marc Morin updated AR XA. Agree that separation is the best I've heard. Mainly a jazz listener and the highs are fine.
  6. Lorenzo47

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Chet Baker - Chet Baker Quartet In Paris
  7. Lorenzo47

SAE 1000LT/E blowout sale on the bay

Precisely why I haven't taken the plunge. That, and the fact I have too many cartridges already. (If that's possible)
  8. Lorenzo47

Speaker recommendation needed

Perhaps used, depending on condition.
  9. Lorenzo47

Speaker recommendation needed

I’m in the process of trying to put together a system for a lady friend of mine. I’ve gifted her a powerful Harman Kardon receiver that’s been on a shelf at my home for a while. She’s now in the market for a set of reasonably priced speakers. She is purchasing a CD deck. She has no vinyl at the...
  10. Lorenzo47

Official AR Turntable Owners Thread

I don't know. Do you hear it? If not, why worry about it?
  11. Lorenzo47

And? Is that a problem that needs addressed?
  12. Lorenzo47

I've never thought of listening to mine with a stethoscope.
  13. Lorenzo47

I repainted both of mine. One was an early 2 motor job that was factory converted to single motor. The top was a medium gun metal gray. The paint had aged pretty badly. I believe it was the same color as yours. My other one had the textured dark brown paint job that was in awful condition. I...
  14. Lorenzo47

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

Oct 13, 2013
  15. Lorenzo47

Grado Blue Prestige lacking highs?

That's the Blue1. We're talking about the Blue3. Substantial difference der
Back
Top Bottom