luxmaster
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi luxmaster I am attempting to alert you to a current ad (jan 26) on used victoria for REFERENCE RT-7 listed with 90'hi-fi in title...hope this might be good news...building up my audiokarma, first post from me (up on Hornby Island) cheers!
    R-117 remote command prob persists. I've taken it to 3 top repair shops in the DC area. They turn it/leave it on & use the remote & it works fine for them over multiple days then I get it home & the problem starts again. I hate when that happens
    I turn it on via remote it works fine for hours -days(2-3) then it stops (except the tuner frm AM to FM) I can turn the receiver OFF wait a few hours & the remote works (volume, function(CD, TV stereo effect, DVD etc) Then it stops. If I let it sit(overnight) it works less the next time. All along the AM/FM fine. THE CONSTANT PROBLEM IS FUNCTION DETEREORATION OVER TIME. Starts-works fine then breakdown & more frequently. If the sensor's bad why's it work at all ?
    Why's the AM/FM band change always work ? Noticed when the breakdown occurs when I push a command on the remote & light blinks that no command light on unit blinks response. Any suggestions GREATLY APPRECIATED
    BTW is there a Luxman forum here I should post ? -j
    It's sooo weird
    Hi Lxmaster -I enjoyed the dialogue re: the Luxman R-117 & have a chance to purchase one for aprox $250. OBO & would appreciate your thoughts, comments & advice on the following issues w/the unit posted by the seller.
    " the remote works intermittently at best. When it is working, two other problems are eliminated which are a scratchy volume control and a power switch that has an unconventional way it powers down. The light on the CD Straight function does not come on, but it appears to be working fine. When the volume is set, there are no issues and it plays beautifully "

I'm not worried about the "Power" switch or "volume" -should I be ? but more baffled why the remote seems to be soo temperamental.

BTW -I presently have a R-113 & really love the lil guy & using a Klipsch "powered" bass ProMedia 2.1 as a pre amp. & recently bought a pair of beautiful Canton Karat 920s to compliment anice pair of Infinity RS-425s. Any issues with the speakers & a R-117 ?

thnx, jimbojam
    Hi, Ari:
    It's such a unique piece that I think I'll keep it for now. It's actually an Akai.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom