Recent content by LVB

1. L

Sony MDR-V6: Adding a new set to the collection.

I do not believe that the headphones are fake. I purchased a pair of MDR 7506's less than a month ago from the local Guitar Center and they indeed came with the nylon bag. I believe Sony is providing the most recent production with the new bag, I have a 15 year old pair with the vinyl bag and...
  2. L

Dahlquist DQ20 Common Issues

I own a pair of the DQ-20i's and they have woofers with the original masonite ring. There was no change in this driver between the two DQ-20 series.
  3. L

Bose 901 IV Distortion on the Frequency Edges

Thanks Ross, once I can get over there to pick up the type IV eq I will be better able to compare the two. As far as the changes in the type IV and type VI speakers themselves, they appear to be nearly identical other than cosmetic changes in the cabinet and the rear grill. I will report on the...
  4. L

Look at this sx-1250!

http://cgi.ebay.com/pioneer-sx1250-165-watt-per-channel-hi-current-amp_W0QQitemZ5822960212QQcategoryZ94900QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem Or whats left of it.
  5. L

Pioneer PD-75!

I also have a PD-75 and it is a tank. If you get a chance to pop the lid on it, looks like a jewelry store inside. I do not have a manual for it. you can get a remote from pioneer directly but I don't think it will be cheap. The PD-65 and 75 use the same remote. Good luck, you will enjoy that CD...
  6. L

Muddy Waters - Folk Singer

Lets see how many versions of ths I have, the Mobile Fidelity gold CD, the Chess CD, The SACD and Grumpy, you would be proud of me, the Classic Records Quiex SV 180 gram LP. Truly amazing recording.
  7. L

Marantz HD-880s, worth having or not

I have a pair of HD-770 that I picked up for about $1.69 more than the price you can get the HD-880's for. I had to refoam them and the turned out great. I use them in my vintage system with a Pioneer SX-3900 or a SX-1250 and I think they sound great. For $5.00 I would jump all over them.
  8. L

Metro Detroit members Needed

That should work for me too.
  9. L

A/D/S C2 cassette deck

Yes I know the one that you speak of, I have one. This deck is very well made and heavy with one of the smoothes loading deck that I have ever seen. I got this in a SA for $30.00 with the matching receiver and turntable. When I got it the speed was slow and the azmuth was out of wack, got...
  10. L

Anyone interested in a small gathering at my place

Im game, just let me know when.
  11. L

C-90 troubles????

Yes, there is no audio or video going through the front panel switches. All audio is switched via the relays. No, since the front panel selectors don't have any audio there was no reason to remove it. All of the relays seems to have had problems and your right about leaving the pre on or...
  12. L

C-90 troubles????

I have this pre-amp and have hade the same problem. Do not clean the front panel switches, there are about 10 relays on the main board that I had to work with. I took the covers of the relays and sprayed with Deoxit(I know you should not use contact cleaner on relays)it took a couple of...
  13. L

Speaker ID help needed...

They are a company called American Monitor, I found a pair a couple of months ago in a thrift store. I refoamed the woofers and cleaned up the cabinets, they don't sound as cheap as they look. The walnut veneer is realy nice on these and the woofers are alnico. Refoam and enjoy for a while.
  14. L

Would someone buy this...

I have the matching c-90 preamp and a Pioneer PD-75 cd player and I would love to have that but funds are low right now. I will try to get one in the future when money permits. BTW the pre and CD player are positivly stunning also built like tanks. The pre replaced an Adcom GFP-750 which is no...
  15. L

Name This PreAmp

I take that back, how about a ps for a Krell preamp?
Back
Top Bottom