Recent content by Makis

1. M

Supercharged - Maverick Audio TubeMagic D2 DAC

Has anyone compared the dac of the latest bluesound node with the d2? I'm in the market for a streamer and I was wondering if its dac is comparable or better to the d2.
  2. M

Something I just discovered. Both outputs (tube and non tube)work simultaneously. This came in handy while trying to make a 2.1 system with my vintage Marantz (no sub out). So, the tube output goes to the marantz and the non tube goes directly to my powdered sub! Works just fine!!
  3. M

Decware Zen & Klipsch

Update I placed my order. The queue is 1993pcs! I'm guessing this means more than 2 years. Got the absolute basic unit which I think is more than enough. Can't wait, yet I will. A lot :rflmao:
  4. M

Decware Zen & Klipsch

Happy new year everyone! Bass extension doesn't seem bad! I have the speakers very close to the rear wall and at high volumes the do make the house shake. No, they don't go *boom-boom* but I don't think a bass guitar does that either. In all honesty, other than my tube dac I have never heard...
  5. M

Decware Zen & Klipsch

Hello! I recently got my self a pair of Klipsch La Scala AL4. Pretty good deal, great condition if you don't count some scratches here and there. Right now I have them hooked to my restored marantz 4400 and believe me, they sound amazing! I compared them with a Rotel RA-980BX and even though it...
  6. M

D2 is back in stock with a new upgrade! A new chip, PCM 1794. Any thoughts? https://www.mav-audio.com/store/index.php/dac/tube-magic-dac-d2-5670-627.html
  7. M

How to test a tweeter...for dummies?

Yes. Maybe because they were in the same flooded basement for a couple of days. The measurements were with the unit disconnected from the cross. The sound was with the tweeter connected on the xo and all of the units playing
  8. M

You got me before I finish editing. I tested it in normal listening volume and it sounds bad. A lot of background noise when no music is playing, a lot of hissing when there is signal and the "headphones in the table not in the ear" kinda sound. Even my wife said there is something wrong. So...
  9. M

When there is something wrong with a tweeter it goes completely off or it can produce poor quality sound?? I just checked the 0220a tweeter of a wharfedale modus one three and it reads 7ohm plus shows continuity. It does play but sounds quite tinny on its own. When listening to the whole speaker...
  10. M

Disassembling a Marantz 5120 (top loading) Cassette Deck?

Hello! A few days ago I got my 5120 for 40e without any belts. I tried using regular rubber bands which was just enough to show me that all the functions work (playback,rewind etc). Besides the irregular speed caused by the rubberband wobble sound was ok! I only removed 4321 screw and not 4323...
  11. M

Cabasse drakkar. Thoughts?

Happy new year guys!!!! No love for wharfedale I see! I'm guessing the Drakkars are a step up. Ok, I'll stick with the Cabasse then, as soon I can get them! And if I find them not bassy enough, I can always include a sub.
  12. M

Soooo, here we are... New year's eve, still on lockdown, still no cabasse in my house. And here is where second thoughts enter. There's a pair of wharfedale Vanguard near me that sells for the same price as the drakkars. They have the crossovers redone/upgraded and are also mint condition. Which...
  13. M

Was not aware of that. My system is definitely not that detailed to understand such subtle differences.
  14. M

How does the kind of feet the dac is standing on change the sound?? It doesn't have any moving parts.. Are you sure it isn't just the placebo effect?
  15. M

Unfortunately our daily new cases are alarmingly high and daily deaths are going up. Its getting bad... Hospitals are reaching full capacity. So, once more we are on a lockdown. And here I am, stalking on ads..
Back
Top Bottom