Recent content by Mark Davis

1. Mark Davis

Does EFB benifit a early serial number Fisher 400?

I am starting to restore my second Fisher. 400. On the first 400 I installed IBAM but did not include EFB. I thought I read somewhere on this forum that for the early serial number models EFB didn't do much for them with IBAM installed. Is this correct as I can't find it now. Does...
  2. Mark Davis

Fisher 400 Restoration question

Well, never mind. Chalk another one up to being a idiot. When turning your 400 on. With the Dial Glass, Face Plate and all of the Knobs removed. AND trying to remember the switch positions. You're bound to screw up some setting. Evidently I had the Tape Monitor ON. So in the ON...
  3. Mark Davis

Fisher 400 Restoration question

Hello I am beginning the restoration of a Fisher 400 serial # 34129S. I have cleaned and Deoxit the unit. I have Tested the Tubes. V3 and V5 were giving me some questionable readings. I am using a Hickok 532 I hooked it up to a dim bulb tester connected to my Variac. Everything looked good...
  4. Mark Davis

Majority opinion on Fisher Ero Fol II Capacitor

I am getting ready to do the restoration / modifications on my second Fisher 400. The first one I did most all of the modifications Dave Gillespie listed in his 400 restoration. It came out beautiful and sounds great. On this one I am debating if I should leave the Ero Fol II Capacitor. I...
  5. Mark Davis

On / Off / Volume Knob

The brown base of the knob is where the tab is and the brass cap with the mark lines up with that. So the tab on the base was at 1:00. And the line on the brass cap was at 4:00. They couldn't even get the brass cap glued on right. I have removed it and glued it on correctly.
  6. Mark Davis

On / Off / Volume Knob

Ok on my on the new estate sale Fisher 400 Serial # 34129S. I have noticed the volume knob is different from my 1st Early 400 Serial # 15350E. I thought it might have been replaced as the little notch/tab on the on off knob lined up at 1:00 in the off position instead of 7:00. I would like...
  7. Mark Davis

C76 Barrier Insulator

Hayseed Hamfest didn't ship my order yet so they are adding it to my order. Thanks for the offer.
  8. Mark Davis

C76 Barrier Insulator

It already shipped unfortunately. I wish I would have noticed earlier.
  9. Mark Davis

C76 Barrier Insulator

Well that looks like it. Just need to check the diameter. Thank You.
  10. Mark Davis

C76 Barrier Insulator

I just picked up another 400 and am planning on doing the modifications and upgrades like I did on the first one. I did power it up with a DBT and Variac nothing came on. I noticed can cap C76 (Cardboard covered one) was very loose in the socket so I shut it down. I already ordered the new...
  11. Mark Davis

Fisher 400 Phono Volume Question

Thanks Larry! Very informative as always.
  12. Mark Davis

The whole document is to big to attach. So I pulled out the schematics.
  13. Mark Davis

Thanks
  14. Mark Davis

Unity Gain Buffer install questions

Thanks! So use a Polypropylene Film Capacitor or a Ceramic Disc Capacitor. And move the stakon wire grounded to the screw and solder to chassis.
  15. Mark Davis

Unity Gain Buffer install questions

First off I have done the majority of the modifications recommended by Dave Gillespie for the 400. I have been using it for close to a year without any issues. It sounds great! I have some questions about the Unity Gain Buffer Modification. I have built and installed Dave Gillespie’s UGB...
Back
Top Bottom