Recent content by Mark1892

1. M

HMV 4000a separates?

Just thought I'd revisit this thread. I've hardly used the HMV cassette player in this system. There was only ever one disintegrated belt on the pulleys and flywheel but I suspect its supposed to be fitted with 2, one flat belt from inner section on motor pulley to flywheel and a small square...
  2. M

Help identifying and sourcing Sony TC399 VU Meter bulbs.

All sorted. Just replaced the right hand side vu bulb with the one above from ebay and it's not too different from the original in the left. Cheers dhnash.
  3. M

Perfectly answered, I'll stick with your original suggestion. Many thanks
  4. M

Just found these, what difference would I experience using something with a 0.25a rating instead of 0.05a? A no go or acceptable?
  5. M

Thanks I'll get 2 ordered.
  6. M

Thanks dhnash. Not being mine I'd prefer to keep it original and not solder lamps in but looks like it might be mine and his only option. Found these on UK Ebay, still be suitable? I'll have to replace the one working lamp aswell to keep the light levels the same too.
  7. M

Post a Picture of your Tape Deck - Decks

Here's my 3 Akai 4000ds
  8. M

Akai Who Has It

I have 1 x Akai 4000ds Mk1 and 2 x Mk2s
  9. M

Hi, a friend has asked if I could have a look at his Sony TC399 as one of the VU Meters wasn't illuminated. Once stripped down it was apparent the bulb has been removed. Manual states 6v 35ma bulb which when looking at the one in the other meter, it is a push in fuse link type. I am struggling...
  10. M

HMV 4000a separates?

Bevel box, have you had a chance to upload that service manual yet?
  11. M

HMV 4000a separates?

Good luck trying to find a Turntable. Possibly a similar BSR or ADC 1500 would blend in unnoticed. You haven't got any spare toggle switch caps have you, the same as the ones on the input, dolby, memory or tape select. I'm missing one.
  12. M

HMV 4000a separates?

Links to HMV 4000 PDF's - If unable to view feel free to message me. HMV 4000A Amplifier - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0vt3h544N-rVk1wbG1weTNyRDQ HMV 4000C Cassette deck - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0vt3h544N-rV2N3dTZvQ0ZnRVk HMV 4000P Turntable -...
  13. M

HMV 4000a separates?

HMV 4000 System info attached
  14. M

HMV 4000a separates?

Thanks, I think it's great and everything sounds so clear. Yeah the Turntable is a direct drive ADC and is so smooth. I can send you the PDF copies of my manuals in a message or I will try to put them on here somehow. Be great to get a copy of that service manual you have too. Does it mention...
Back
Top Bottom