Recent content by Markoneswift

1. Markoneswift

Acoustic Energy AE120- anyone familiar?

Hey, oh they are long gone now. I did enjoy them though.
  2. Markoneswift

AR 90's What do you think?

And your point is? Nice way to waken a 7 year old thread :-)
  3. Markoneswift

KEF C60 woofer question

Thanks but unfortunately shipping a pair if woofers to New Zealand is way too costly.
  4. Markoneswift

KEF C60 woofer question

Hey all, I won a pair of C60s on our local auction site for a dollar. They have had a rough life - the cabinets are sound, but badly need re-finishing, but the bigger issue I'm facing is with both woofers. They may have been over-driven or similar at some point because the spiders on both...
  5. Markoneswift

IMF ALS40 - repair or replace?

And who would have guessed, there's a pair on Ebay right now, exactly like mine. 200 euro though? No thank you.
  6. Markoneswift

Viable Epos ES14 tweeter alternative?

Hi there good people! I stumbled upon a pair of badly abused Epos ES14s recently. Sadly one woofer needs repair (in progress) but I also have a non-genuine tweeter installation to deal with. Would anyone happen to know of a viable drop-in alternative, or even better the location of an original...
  7. Markoneswift

Thanks, yes everything about them suggests very very early. I think the mid range date codes are 1972 or 3.
  8. Markoneswift

Any idea what brand the mids might be? I'm trying to find some surrounds for then...
  9. Markoneswift

Help with driver ID?

Hey all, I'm restoring a very early pair of IMF ALS40s and I'd like to ID the midrange drivers. They work OK but the surrounds are giving way, so I'd like to try and find the correct replacements. The marking on the back says CPM 8 and Made in Gt Britain, with a date code around 1972 I think...
  10. Markoneswift

The woofers all check out fine for continuity so that's a plus :-)
  11. Markoneswift

I'm pretty certain these drivers are all Peerless - I'll post some pics up shortly. From what I understand, the properties of the mid bass and sub bass work together so really replacement is only going to harm the intended sound of the line I guess. I will try some Peerless 8" surrounds from...
  12. Markoneswift

Hi all, I have picked up a pair of ALS40 along with a bunch of other quality vintage hifi gear recently. Sadly, a life by the coast has had some significant impacts on some of the gear. In particular, the ALS40's tweeters and mid bass drivers are not happy - the tinsel leads of the tweeters have...
  13. Markoneswift

Luxman L-120A - in protection, DC on right channel

Finally making progress - I've had to bypass the speaker selection switches for now to get speaker output from the good channel though...
  14. Markoneswift

Luxman L-120A - in protection, DC on right channel

Hey thanks, here's an update. I pulled the fuses for the power amps and measured perfect B+ and B- for both channels. I pulled the pair of PNP outputs which had the most obviously 'wrong' voltages on them, compared to the working left channel. I also pulled the emitter resistor for that pair...
Back
Top Bottom