Recent content by mattsd

1. mattsd

Pioneer SPEC-2 recap and restoration thread!

The KSC945 is still available. The KSA733 is NLA, but in most cases the KSA1015 would be an acceptable sub. The KSC1815 is the NPN match to the 1015.
  2. mattsd

Using Paypal to Get Cheap Shipping

It does yes. It prints on standard letter sized paper but the label itself is 4x6 in size.
  3. mattsd

Source for large boxes?

I use AM Shipping Supplies in Cincy. Admittedly it's pretty much just down the road from me and they offer free local delivery. However, their prices and shipping are pretty reasonable and they have an awesome selection of boxes. They can also custom make boxes to your specifications.
  4. mattsd

Using Paypal to Get Cheap Shipping

You don't even have to get someone to send you money, just use this link: https://www.paypal.com/shiplabel/create/. I've done it for years now, works great.
  5. mattsd

Pioneer HPM-100 successful crossover mod!

You can use a 667-ECW-FD2W154J4.
  6. mattsd

Pioneer SX-1250 Pre-amp Jumper Problem

Okay, so first off, I had trouble finding where you had contacted me again about this issue. I remember that you had that issue with the jumpers back in May of last year but you had reported back that it was fixed after you did the fix I suggested. I finally found the message, you contacted me...
  7. mattsd

Possible Monster Receiver Guy sighting?

I guess it's time to tell the story, enough time has passed and I do not ever plan on selling this unit. How I got it is a long story, a few people already know it. When I contacted him I decided to pretend I was a vintage audio newbie that had done a little internet research and wanted a big...
  8. mattsd

Possible Monster Receiver Guy sighting?

This is nuts. Still have that G-22000, to this day it is still my best audio purchase and second best audio score I've ever made. :lurk:
  9. mattsd

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

Aug 20, 2010
  10. mattsd

G22000

Great speaking with you today! Just to clarify, I should be starting on it sometime in the fall, but the actual completion time after I get the unit in the shop is around 2 months, not a year! :eek: The only time a restoration takes that long is if a very rare part is needed and I have to wait...
  11. mattsd

Some filter cap replacements going EOL

Got this in my inbox today, very unfortunate. I've used the 22000uF for the Pioneer SX-1980 and Sansui AU-20000 and the 18000uF are used in several Pioneer and Marantz applications. Just a heads up for those who use them or are planning to. Edit: It appears the entire U36D line is being...
  12. mattsd

G-33000

There is a guy in the Cincy area here with a G-22000 I serviced awhile back that isn't in the database. I didn't post the numbers due to the fact it's not mine. Both preamp and power amp were dated May 1978.
  13. mattsd

Sansui AU-20000 Restoration and Upgrade Thread

BENCH TEST SPECS The readings I got from this amp are nothing short of spectacular, especially when compared to the original specs. All were very close between channels as well. Max power @ 1% THD+N into 8 ohms (1KHz): Left channel: 220.60W (42.01v RMS) Right channel: 220.71W (42.02v RMS)...
  14. mattsd

Sansui AU-20000 Restoration and Upgrade Thread

POWER UP AND FIRST LISTENING IMPRESSIONS Power up went smoothly, started it on a 100W DBT and after checking everything out moved to line power, setting the offset and bias to manual spec. Let it idle for 2 hours just to make sure the bias and offset were stable. Hooked up my speakers and...
  15. mattsd

Pioneer SPEC-2 recap and restoration thread!

Indeed, a very good catch. I think I must have forgotten to add for the second amp board. List updated.
Back
Top Bottom