Recent content by mcgreg66

1. mcgreg66

Hi DMK, I think I have the same popping noise on my AU4900 after replacing 2SA798 into ksa922. I...

Hi DMK, I think I have the same popping noise on my AU4900 after replacing 2SA798 into ksa922. I started a few attempts and Threads years ago but left the amp on the shelf until today. Did you fix it? And how? Thank you Gregor
  2. mcgreg66

Sansui AU719 cut traces driver boards!Original or Mod?!

I changed all 2SC1313 and 2SA726 in the whole amp. Now it’s as quiet as I expect it to be! Recommendable!
  3. mcgreg66

I changed the 2SC1313 for KSC1815 on EQ board and it seems to be much quieter! Maybe it will get even more silence if I change the 2SC1313 and 2SA726 on PSU board too PS: DC is still ranging between +-50mV but much better!
  4. mcgreg66

Thanks for reminding but I tried also with Phono input selected!
  5. mcgreg66

What about the behaviour of DC on F3095? Can this be caused by the suspect 2sc1313¿
  6. mcgreg66

Can I adjust DC on F3095 without Drivers, because it’s so hard to get to VR02!
  7. mcgreg66

I don’t have Ice spray on the hand to test but it looks like going more out of spec when getting hot (the hole amp)
  8. mcgreg66

I changed all electrolytics and fuse resistors.....but F-3095 was hard to adjust before! And I had change the Input selektor switch! And I changed VR01 + 02 to new bourns trimpots!
  9. mcgreg66

It‘s not possible to to adjust DC on equalizer board.....I adjust to 0+-50mV.....the next day it’s out of range again....0+-150mV.....
  10. mcgreg66

I adjusted bias and offset again! Everything ok.... But DC on head amp circuit board was out of range and really hard to adjust!Jumping! I can try and change 2SC1313 for KSC1815
  11. mcgreg66

No headphones! Pretty sensitive speakers! The amp is already recapped! I don’t know if hiss is the right word .....it’s a audible noise floor like white noise! Not loud but audible already 3m from the speakers! And unattached to volume! I’ve tried with preamp disconnected and it seems to be the...
  12. mcgreg66

Yes .....sounds right! Except for the relatively loud hiss in comparison to my more modern amps!
  13. mcgreg66

Hello members, I just discovered that there are cut pcb traces on both channels same ! First I thought I damaged them somehow with the screwdriver but then I saw it’s the same on both channels. Anybody knows this modification?!Is it factory made or useful?! Thanks Gregor
  14. mcgreg66

Sansui AU719 Mod discovered !

So I throw it out?!
  15. mcgreg66

Sansui AU719 Mod discovered !

Hi members, I discovered that my Sansui AU719 has some kind od modification on the aux input. Its a 50k stereo pot. I only want your opinion what kind of sense this mod can make? To decide if I keep it or throw it out! Thanks Gregor
Back
Top Bottom