merrylander
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hello Merrylander, I read such good things about your work. Unfortunately, I am way south of you ..in the Atlanta area. Do you happen to know of any techs down this way that handle a CR-2040? Thanks either way sir. Sincerely...
    Hi Merrylander, Would you know of anyone who services and repairs the Yamaha PX-3 Turntable. I live in Maryland close to you. Is this something you do? I would consider mailing it if the person has experience with the turntable. Thanks for any help and your useful postings in this group. Derek
    Reactions: Tom Benner
    T
    Tom Benner
    Derek,
    I live in Columbia, Maryland and the only shop I know is across town, just audio They are extremely busy.
    Merrylander,

Relatively new to the vintage stereo game. I live in Columbia, Maryland. I have Bozak B-300's and looking to mod. Do you know where I can get this done? Only shop I know is across town. Partial to vintage Pioneer but haven't heard many. Running them with Pioneer SX - 760. Are you partial to the Yamahas?
    Also just got some DCM time frame 400s. Need to get another amp.
    Thanks,

Tom Neofight
    Hey Merrylander! On the PX-3 roller assembly, does the medium sized wheel have resistance to it without the belt, or should that spin freely? On my latest one (third!), it doesn't spin freely and I wondered if that were the cause of the broken belts I found when it arrived. I know I can pull apart my other two, but figured you would know the answer to this easily! Thanks much.
    I am chasing an old post regarding the Yamaha IG02930 pre-drivers of the x40 series. As a young certified Yamaha Tech, I repaired many of these units. Reading your post over the years,I now want to carry forward the knowledge of saving these units. Your post on the subject may be dated to which the attachments are no longer available. I have simulated but lack the values of the internal components. Please help.
    Morning! I have a Yamaha CR-1040 in excellent condition but the infamous pre driver IC and outputs have failed. Do you know if anyone put together a replacement for the pre driver?
    Hello MerrylanderI am struggling with the pre driver for my Yamaha CR640 receiver. Since I can not find replacement modules and I found out that you have the schematic of this pre driver modules I would like to ask you for this schematic and I will try to make boards for this pre driver module.
    Hello Merrylander - hope this finds you well! I read on a thread somewhere that you might be able to make a wood cabinet for an old amp? Please let me know. Thanks!
    Hi Merrylander, I'm about to repair my Yamaha CR1020 PSU. Is the best replacement for the 2SD234 still a TIP31AG?
    Thanks for all your hugely helpful posts.
    hi. saw your post about the Yamaha YP-B4 speed problem and solution. will you be able to assist me? any chance you may have pictures to show? thank you.
    tballinger
    tballinger
    Hello, I'm troubleshooting a YP-B4 speed issue too, did you locate any photos? I'm trying to determine what element underneath is the black dial to work with.
    K
    krblgc
    no i did not. were you able to improve on the speed?
    Hi, I have recently acquired a Yamaha CR-1020 and I noticed it has developed a slight hum on the inside of the unit. During very quiet parts of certain records I can hear this coming through the speaker. While not overwhelmingly annoying it’s still something that I don’t want to hear. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Brandon
    hi rob, hope you're having a great day, been a long time since I talked to you and you just popped into my brain
    Sorry to bother you but I hope I can pick your brain about PX2 photointerrupters. Respond if you are up for that. If not. I understand. Sometimes us old guys just need to take care of what we need to do. ;)
    Hello merrylander. I got my hands on a CR2040. upon opening I seen that the previous owner replaced a few caps on the power supply board. So I want to go ahead and replace the remainder of the caps on that section of the CR. I was wondering if you have a capacitor list for the powersupply. Thank you.
    Hello meerylander,needing a power switch for my cr-2020.any possibility you could help me come up with one brother.thanks in advance.
    Hi Merrylander, I have a CR800 that I'm in love with. I've had it for about 7 years and though it works fine I would like to have it completely restored. If I remember correctly, you no longer work on units, but would you have a reputable technician that you recommend in your stead. Thanks for any help, Louis
    Hi Merrylander,

I hope this finds you well. I'm a fellow AKer. I started down this rabbit hole with Kenwood. Sansui next, h/k730 and my uncle let me borrow his CR1020. I now own a very nice one of my own. Amazing unit!

Anyway, there are some marks on the top grill from the heat. Is there any way to safely remove this heat grime?

Thank You for your help,

Rob
    Hi Merrylander,

I don't know if you remember me. Years ago I purchased four or five of your refurbished Yamaha CR receivers. Just wanted to let you know that they are all working well - and they still sound amazing.

Hope you are doing well. Thank you again!

Todd Brown
    Southern California
    hey merrylander! i havent been on ak much, but im glad your doing well my friend!!!!!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom