Recent content by michaelhigh

1. michaelhigh

What's your username mean?

My given name is Michael Hy Yaffe. Hy represents my late paternal grandfather's Jewish name Hyman which was Americanized to Herman, and I've smoked weed for 50 years, hence the "high" part. I live in Illinois where we leghally smoke recreationally in our living rooms while we listen to our...
  2. michaelhigh

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

Just send everyone a participation trophy and a sucker... much easier to administrate.
  3. michaelhigh

Corned Beef and Cabbage

My elderly neighbor lady brings me mine every year. No mess, usually on a coupla thicknesses of heavy paper plate, done and done! Her recipe is time tested, with taters, steamed cabbage and my beloved CB.
  4. michaelhigh

Unsurpassed Master Bassist Playlist

These are all bass players that depend on WHAT they play in most cases. As a bassist for almost 50 years, I'm all over the mix but play the least amount possible, humbly making room for the right instruments to easily penetrate the audio mess caused by a bunch of players, all doing their "own...
  5. michaelhigh

My P-D70 is acting “hinky"...

First it's hinky, the it becomes impossibly janky, the it simply gives up and roaches out. It's the way of the world. Get your wallet used to it or take up knitting. Something inert that doesn't break.
  6. michaelhigh

Monoprice Sub Woof Warning

On the question of dual subs... Since the recording engineer has the choice of which channel the bass goes into if it's a stereo bass feed, and how it moves throughout the length of the recording, I always use stereo subs or dual voice coil subs. Always rubber surounds, I don't fool with shit...
  7. michaelhigh

J Lo and This Land Is Your Land

My opinon got nixed, so why am I still getting notifications? Either reinstate my comment or ditch the notifiction! Thanks in advance!
  8. michaelhigh

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Listening to the missing decibels of exhaust-laden audio emanating from the new muffler I just had installed in my 1995 Firebird! Good for at least another 25 years!
  9. michaelhigh

DOES YOUR STEREO DO IT'S JOB?

Everything I own has been hated on by at least one person here! No wonder every rig is awesome! HA!!!
  10. michaelhigh

What Were Some Of The Worst Speakers You Have Owned ?

I bought a dbx downfiring dual cone 15" subwoofer from Crutchfield back in the 80's before I knew better... most of my acquisitions back then came from Goodwills and Salvation Armies, cheap and cheerful before they glommed onto the auction thing. Problem with the woof? I expected 80hz and all...
  11. michaelhigh

Yamaha A-S301 availability

Got a feeling the 301's going the way of the Sony XDRF1-HD tuner. Destined for used price increases on ebay! At least I got in on the Sony for $75 or something like that right before the bottom dropped out! News and sports on blowtorch KMOX 102.5 FM HD2... AM on FM never sounded so good!
  12. michaelhigh

Looks like the 301 is histo... Most of the vintage stuff is already scarfed up or buried in collections that never get used... or EXPENSIVE due to name recognition and quality Trust me, I could definitely get behind some real stuff. Something about that remote is screaming my name, though! HA!!!
  13. michaelhigh

Back to my original question... Anyone have any info about Yamaha's 2021 product line? Same ol', or new integrateds?
  14. michaelhigh

I've been wanting the 301 for quite some time! I'm retired, on disability, and limited income... I can do the 501 from Crutchfield, but it's almost too much wattage for my Klipschorns and Fortes. What's the scoop, avionic, Mr. Yamaha? New products on the way? I've enjoyed your input here for...
  15. michaelhigh

Is Yamaha releasing a new integrated line? I can't seem to find the lower models (301 and 501) except for one on ebay, and by the time the stimulus checks come next week, that sucker will likely be gone. It's almost like they're creating a demand so the next model line can be released, and...
Back
Top Bottom