Recent content by mikejennings

1. mikejennings

What song is IMPOSSIBLE not to play loud?

"Twilight Zone" Golden Earring.
  2. mikejennings

Artsy photos of your gear

Artsy??
  3. mikejennings

Hearing radio even with no tuner connected, Yamaha Ca810

I'd be a little more concerned about what the "voices" were telling me to do....
  4. mikejennings

Big Knobs

Feel the same about some vintage Hammerlund / Collins / etc. Shortwave Receivers.
  5. mikejennings

Listening Distance: How far away do you sit?

I have two systems one at each end of a 20' by 20' open plan room. One system is run from my computer used for Streaming (music and video), watching DVDs, some CD listening. [Yamaha A-S801 to ADS 630s... source iMac] I am often sitting at or in front of the the large computer desk, working other...
  6. mikejennings

Today's Blues Playlist

Tedeschi Trucks Band new 4 volume release "I Am The Moon".
  7. mikejennings

Vinyl only spin list

Dug out the one with that guy reading a Beano Comic Book hanging with a few mates on the side walk.
  8. mikejennings

Does average over-the-air sound quality justify a tuner?

The frequency spectrum for old "over the air analog TV" seems close enough that it works a charm! Nice to have had a reason not to have to climb up and remove it! [Steep metal roof and a 12' yagi] Not sure how the "ethernet" one would do not sure what the wavelength would be on that. Gave up on...
  9. mikejennings

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

I'm onto the 4th CD in the new Four Volume release by the Tedeschi Trucks Band "I Am The Moon". Appears this was their "pandemic lock down project"... Love them Live, but this is a stellar, what I assume is a " long-distance, file sharing, how the heck do they do this?, collaborative with their...
  10. mikejennings

Does average over-the-air sound quality justify a tuner?

I live on a somewhat remote island 70 miles north of Seattle,WA. I have three systems all with a tuner { shop system actually has a Marantz receiver }. Main system has a Sansui TR-717 and a "repurposed" T.V. yagi for an antenna. Computer System a Yamaha T2 and a standard indoor dipole antenna...
  11. mikejennings

Integrated Amps

Bought an A-S 801 a few months ago and couldn't be more satisfied. It's on my "Computer System" driving ADS 630's. Next is to update my OS to be able to use the internal DAC, but even employing my existing DragonFly DAC...no complaints at all.
  12. mikejennings

Emotional music

Gideon's Oboe... Theme from "The Mission"... Composer: Ennio Morricone.
  13. mikejennings

Tubed audio and the heat

Close to the same here in the PNW.... one of the reasons I have two systems, just no TT on the solid state one. Something to look forward to.
  14. mikejennings

Would you spend $5,500 on this new tuner ?

Nope.... I have about 1% of that price in my Sansui TU-717 {main system} and my Yamaha T-2 {part of my "computer" system} combined. Both are in mint condition and perform great. I do listen to FM often, NPR, Local Classical station and Local Blues/Jazz station, so I wouldn't want to be with out...
  15. mikejennings

How many vintage receivers do you have?

Just one, a Sansui Eight. It looks and sounds great but routinely pops a GFI circuit above half volume, so out of rotation. Too heavy to ship to a competent technician for repair. Which sucks.
Back
Top Bottom