Recent content by mikte15

1. mikte15

Building a Rod Elliot ESP-P3A Amplifier

OK, where to start? The transformer has two secondaries (4 leads total not including primaries). Each secondary pair is connected to the AC leads of a bridge rectifier. There are 2 rectifiers, one for each rail polarity (+ or -). One rectifier output goes to either the positive or negative...
  2. mikte15

What's even better is when you're a design engineer. You get come up with cool designs and skilled machinists make the parts for you. Here is a real big example of that: I'm the guy in the light grey shirt. The automation is my design but a whole bunch of very skilled technicians made it...
  3. mikte15

Thanks all for the nice responses! The sound as far as I can tell rivals my main systems even though I have to account for the fact that the test setup I'm running it in is a very poor acoustical position in my house. Everything I've played in that location has a pronounced bass resonance...
  4. mikte15

Here's the finished amp putting hours in on the test rig, driving a pair of Polk Monitor 10's quite loud!
  5. mikte15

In this picture the case has been fully anodized. The output transistors sit on copper bars for maximum heat extraction. The transformer is a Plitron 25-0-25 toroid. Above and below the filter caps are industrial relay sockets that accommodate a pair of 24V relays.
  6. mikte15

The P33 protection board - I had a bit of trouble with this and it wasn't the fault of the board. It didn't like the snubber caps around the rectifiers.
  7. mikte15

Building up the driver board.
  8. mikte15

Power supply caps mounted on G10 board. This is where I varied from the original design because the original didn't provide a location for the speaker protection relays.
  9. mikte15

I had some friends who ran the CNC machining centers to machine the case parts. I machined all the internal bits. There are two because my buddy John wanted to build one as well.
  10. mikte15

After building a pair of speakers that sounded very good and having reasonably good success restoring vintage audio I was anxious to build my own amplifier from scratch. Rod Elliot’s Elliot Sound Products (ESP) offered an amplifier kit based on a single board. His site gives instructions on...
  11. mikte15

Post photos of your speakers

3 of my 5 pairs of Meadowlark audio speakers. In the back - Ospreys, my whole house speakers Right rear - Kestral ll's, my daily listening pair when I sitting at my computer located on the opposite side of the room. In front - Swallows, driven by a Primaluna Prologue tube amp In the bedroom -...
  12. mikte15

Amplifier Grounds/Star Ground

Thanks fred! That helps a lot.
  13. mikte15

Yes, Elliot sound Products P3A
  14. mikte15

Answered in first post.
  15. mikte15

I guess I should clarify that I'm looking for the optimum way to avoid ground loops.
Back
Top Bottom