Recent content by Mozart1220

1. Mozart1220

Onkyo TX 8500- any love there??

I know it's literally decades since the thread has been active, but I had one of these from about 1988 - 2000. I loved it. I got it at a pawn shop for $100. and I ran it through a pair of Infinity RS4b's . It also had a tuning string which wasn't broken it was just very stiff and if you went...
  2. Mozart1220

Advent "Laureate", anyone own them?

Still enjoying mine!
  3. Mozart1220

Reducing Background Noise On My Records

Buy CD's. There. Problem solved. Heh...heh.
  4. Mozart1220

Black Sabbath - The End

While Sabs were ONE of the first "heavy Metal" bands, I think the MC5 predated them by a couple years. "Kick Out the Jams" was 68 and MC5 had been around a couple years.
  5. Mozart1220

B & W Pics

My Dad did this using a mask. It's from the local prison cemetery.
  6. Mozart1220

Critters

Our neighborhood is lousy with Opossums. My "man cave" is a converted porch with a flat roof. I can her the little varmints up there, along with raccoons, squirrils, etc. ,
  7. Mozart1220

Pictures of Cats on Audio Gear

Noodle, sittin on the sub!
  8. Mozart1220

Teach me about the pros/cons of a dedicated Preamp and power amp over an integrated

Rotel RTC-940AX Tuner/preamp Rotel RB-971 power amp. $60 on Craig's List. Later I can get a bigger amp.
  9. Mozart1220

Any old farts remember synchronized slide shows?

When I was a sophmore in 1977, some guys slipped LSD into my lunch. It kicked in about 10 minutes into one of those filmstrips in a shop class. ("The World of Work"). The slides REALLY "Tracked" when changing and the "Beep" was a BwowWOW wowow" . It was an interesting afternoon to be sure...
  10. Mozart1220

Caught a UFO on Camera

CLEARLY It's a balloon, (video would have helped) and the stuff that passes the ISS is just that. "stuff". Meteors and human space junk.
  11. Mozart1220

Critters

My wife feeds stray cats on our porch. Sometime we get different "kitties".
  12. Mozart1220

I have been shocked!

THAT is what I was looking for! (especially someone who saw the python ) I once bought an Onkyo TX- SV919TXS receiver at a garage sale for $30. Looked like it just came out of the box but nothing worked. They said It was their Dad's and they knew it worked for him, but they couldn't get sound...
  13. Mozart1220

I have been shocked!

Wires were correct. I know what polarity is, in fact I hooked up BOTH ways this time around just to see the difference. I had it right. You know, this was supposed to be a thread about how we can be surprised by gear, and it's turned into a Spanish inquisition. Forget it.
Back
Top Bottom