MyComa13
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• The Dynavector should be a perfect match for the PA-1000 based on its specs. That's going to sound awesome on that table. I've been wanting to try the 10x5 for a while. I have a DL-160 that I've considered mounting on the PA-1000. That shoud also be a good match, especially with how light it is. The counterweight on the PA-1000 just doesn't give you much room for heavier carts. And I hate have the weight at the very back of the arm.

I think I remember that you're using raw wood veneers. Correct? What thickness are you using? One thing that worked well for me on the edges, after the initial glue cured, was to put a little HeatLock under any stray edge and iron it down. No curling or lifting (so far!).
    I'm still working on the base so I haven't had a chance to get it going yet. Hopefully here in a couple of weeks. I was afraid the veneer might lift up in the future since I had a problem with it lifting where the cross grain of the veneer comes to the edge of the table. I am working on laying down two more layers at 90 degrees to each other. I ended up having to do this with the inlay since that wanted to curl. A little more work but I shouldn't have to worry about sanding through. :)

I bought a used (about 50 hrs) Dynavector 10x5 and a new Denon DL-160 that I will be trying on the arm. I think the 10x5 should be a better match although I can't remember the compliance specs for either cart off the top of my head. I'm very happy with how the 10x5 sounds on my PL-630. I'd be very happy if my PL-61 sounds as good when it's finished.
    Love the picture you posted of your PLC-590/ PA-1000! I ran across one of these from a local AK member after I agreed to purchase a set of ADS 910's from him. I wished I would have made a deal to buy the tt from him also but the speakers weren't exactly a cheap purchase. I thought I would run across another one but never realized how difficult that would be. I'm still searching although I am sure I will be quite happy with my PL-61/ PA-1000.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom