Recent content by nihilionzero

1. N

Allo DigiOne Signature vs. SoTM sMS-200 and 200 Ultra

Thanks for the reply. Do you trust Hans? I'm not sure I do because I find him to lack any semblance of a healthy skepticism of anything. He seems to believe in every audiophile product claim there is. I'll check out his reviews tho. Have you hesrd any of these personally?
  2. N

Allo DigiOne Signature vs. SoTM sMS-200 and 200 Ultra

Anybody have any idea how these two compare? I doubt I'll be playing much ultra high resolution or DSD so not worried much about limitations of S/PDIF. I'm only just recently coming around to the idea that digital sources matter, but I'm still not sure how much. Can a $350 DigiOne approach the...
  3. N

Sonus Faber Venere S

bamp
  4. N

can i drive a pair of Magnepan SMG's with a Pioneer SX 1280?

SMGs. It's SMGs, not "SMG's".
  5. N

Sonus Faber Venere S

Hello all, I currently have the Venere 3.0, as well as the center and 1.5s for the rear. I'm thinking of upgrading the 3s to the S for a net cost of $1000 (including sale of 3s). Does anyone familiar with the line know if it's really that much of an upgrade? Maybe I should think about moving...
  6. N

Do record weights, pucks, and clamps actually improve sound?

Hello all, Will these devices actually improve sound on decently healthy (milding warped or unwarped) records? I've seen all sorts of claims about reducing unwanted vibration, increasing rotating mass, and so on. Is any of this actually true? I have a Technics SL-1210mk2. Thanks. Nick
  7. N

Is there any reason to get a power cable larger than 14awg?

FYI, those apps need to be calibrated. They're typically off by like 15db or so. Calibrate it by using an actual db meter or at least by matching it against some machines in your house with known db levels (e.g. toilet flushing, vacuum cleaner, AC unit, etc).
  8. N

Hi, thanks so much for your response. I apologize for leaving out important details. It didn't occur to me they were important at the time. My PC is a Furman Elite PFI-15 and my two Vidar amps put out 400w @ 8ohms, and my speakers are 6 ohms. I also have a preamp, DAC, headphone amp, 64" plasma...
  9. N

I mean, aren't houses only wired at 14 gauge? I'm thinking to buy a nicer power cable for my power conditioner (Furman Elite PFI-15, 120v) and maybe the two Vidar amps (400w @ 8 ohms, but my speakers are 6) attached to it. I see there are 12s, 9s, and even 7 gauge cables available. Is there a...
  10. N

Anyone in Reno, NV or Norcal?

So do we want to have a meetup sometime? Maybe around Sacramento?
  11. N

Anyone in Reno, NV or Norcal?

You okay through the fires?
  12. N

Blue circle products?

Here is what it looks like: https://imgur.com/a/IrjuF
  13. N

Blue circle products?

I've been struggling with it for a while and have tried virtually everything. My best result was when I had everything plugged into my Furman Elite PFI-15 power conditioner, including my amps. Still some noise below 60hz and starting at 60hz on the dot. Right now i have everything except my amps...
  14. N

Blue circle products?

Right now just my left amplifier.
  15. N

Blue circle products?

I have a ground loop producing some spikes at 60/120/180/240, etc and some stoachastic noise on my AC under 60hz that id like to clean up. Have any of you ever used Blue Circle products? They seem to promise a lot and Im intigued but skeptical. Especially thinking of the new ground loop blocker...
Back
Top Bottom