Recent content by nj pheonix

1. nj pheonix

Fender Stratocaster turns 70

Gibson maestro tremelos, maybe the worst of the bunch but they had great sustain
  2. nj pheonix

1980s First Generation Compact Discs - Do They Sound Good or Not?

I'll qualify my answer two ways. My system then isn't as good as my system now. While I think the evolution of digital mastering has improved in general, I have several early generation cds which I feel are very good. I can't say all early cds were. Another thought, quite a few albums have...
  3. nj pheonix

Help to buy vintage cd player

Marantz and Denon are owned by the same group. They're probably quite similar now.
  4. nj pheonix

'obsolete' capacitors shelf life

I was under the impression, that barring abusing them ( heat / over voltage), they tend to age equally regardless if they sit in original packaging or used. Anyone, please feel free to correct me.
  5. nj pheonix

Semiconductor cross reference book.

There are a lot of threads here about cross referencing. The books are somewhat useless because aside from nte few if any suppliers have a cross reference book. That's not to say most replacements aren't available Now you need to read spec sheet and match up applications to your need. There...
  6. nj pheonix

Well, well, well

There was probably a time , not so long ago that might've ended up on my shelf. I find myself listening more and tinkering less. Kind of where I wanted to end up anyway.
  7. nj pheonix

Nashville

Vince Gill left the Time Jumpers. Was with the band from '10 to '20.
  8. nj pheonix

Nashville

I recently got back from Nashville. I really had no clue what to expect. First I really enjoyed the trip. Took a tour or the Ryman auditorium. Saw the Saturday night show at the grand Ole oprey. I recommend both. Went to Carters vintage guitars. If you have any interest in guitars , I really...
  9. nj pheonix

Recapping and restoring and upgrading a Heathkit AR-1515 receiver

I don't know for sure, but I think, dlucy has the original build documents. Also when he rebuilt mine, IIRC, the main cap values weren't available in the (physical) size as the originals. I think he used smaller caps and build up around them so they fit the Clamps. I haven't heard from Doug in...
  10. nj pheonix

Do you know what speakers are in this video?

First glance by by admittedly uneducated eye were quads. Being how 2 answers came in a minute apart with the same answer , I'd bet they're right.
  11. nj pheonix

Recapping and restoring and upgrading a Heathkit AR-1515 receiver

If you don't have a dim bulb tester, build one. I think I'd try to isolate the ps from anything else and see if the short clears. If it doesn't, it's in the ps, ( which is my guess). If not , likely in one of the amp boards, isolate one at a time. If you were a tech, you probably forgot more...
  12. nj pheonix

Technics su-v4 output stage

Quick glance at an online schematic seems that it does. I don't know this for a fact , though meters being the only (?) difference, it would
  13. nj pheonix

Bicycle Restorations, Builds and ...

Could i ask a novice question? Those appear to be older style shifter/ derailers. Can you in fact buy new old style (non indexed derailers and levers)? or am i not recognizing modern pieces?
  14. nj pheonix

fiber optic single strand. any suggestions

Any fiber ( optical ) audio cable will do.
Back
Top Bottom