Recent content by NJguy

1. NJguy

My AR2a speakers, are they a real early pair?

Yeah I have them hooked up. They work nice.
  2. NJguy

I know but Im just happy I have 1 of the "a" LOL
  3. NJguy

Rare Lafayette LA-74 (?) with LT-D10 Tuner.

I got this a few years ago at an estate sale and have recently started using it. Its a Lafayette LA-74 and purchased with the Sister tuner LT-D10. Is this receiver really rare or something....I cannot find much info at all online or ebay...nada on ebay. Anyone know anything about it and its...
  4. NJguy

I have a pair of AR2a speakers, trying to date them roughly. Im guessing they are early versions because 1- the serial # is low 4 digits (d 1290 on one of them the other close by) 2- the grill has a different color than most I see...darker more glitzy 3- One of them has an "a" badge. Does it...
  5. NJguy

Trouble Cleaning Volume Pot on Lafayette LR 5000

This is actually for a friend. He has an LR 5000 receiver by Lafayette and he managed to clean all pots except for the Volume (which crackles when turning) which he says is impossible to get to (see photos he points to where the volume pot is). He says its inside a boxed area and too difficult...
  6. NJguy

Realistic sta-2100

Does anyone know how hard it is or not to access pots in this unit for cleaning with deoxit?
  7. NJguy

Realistic sta-2100

Haven’t tested it yet been busy but will either today or tomorrow
  8. NJguy

Realistic sta-2100

just found one at goodwill for $30. Not familiar with it but looks like a monster , like it was trying to compete with a pioneer 1080? Anyone know anything about them?
  9. NJguy

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Rare promo companion brochure to Art Exhibition. Contains album covers from The Eagles, The Doors, Joni Mitchell, Neil Young and more. Author: Gary Burden Publisher: Domtar EarthChoice Papers/R. Twerk & Co Year Published: 1996 Pages: 32 Format: Paperback ISBN: n/a This item is currently...
  10. NJguy

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Interesting 1996 book with replica album covers on original paper and texture....these are album covers designed by Gary Burden (Doors, Eagles, CSN etc...). These are some of the covers in it. Found at Goodwill. oors, Eagles, CSN etc...). These are some of the covers in it. Found at Goodwill...
  11. NJguy

Goodwill Find Sansui Sp-x6000

They sound great so Im just gonna leave them as they are for now, plus anytime I opened speakers up I ruined them LOL
  12. NJguy

Goodwill Bang & Olufsen Beogram 8002

Im in Parsippany.
  13. NJguy

Did you need to have work done on it?
  14. NJguy

Thanks for the pointers much appreciated! Another question...can I connect it to any of my Stereo Amps like a Marantz or Technics as long as I have the adapter RCA cable? This has a MMC2 cart on it...btw I paid $29.99 for the turntable at Goodwill...good deal I think even with it having issues!
  15. NJguy

Im reading in old threads online of 8002 repairs that a constant culprit to erratic behavior is bad solder connections. I just turned it on and it was acting even more erratic than before. Each time I turn it on it seems to act in a different way...im thinking these bad connections may be it...
Back
Top Bottom