Noborigama
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• hey there Noborigama! Is that a real picture of you?
    Anyhow, I just picked up a SX 1980. Been browsing Ebay and finding RG prosessors and wondering what the difference is between that and an EQ. I know what an EQ does, but never heard the RG. Any ideas?
    Hi right back to ya. I get to LaCrosse every now and then. I live in Stewartville, just south of Rochester. Stop in sometime if you got time.

Brian
    Re: PM, I guess not.... not even in my deleted items file, which I haven't cleaned in a while. (PM's have duplicate email that's sent)
    Noborigama,
    Other than cleaning up gear and doing a little trouble shooting, I do not have the skills or equipment to repair electronics. It is definitely just a small hobby for me. I'm sure your Pioneer 980 sounds good. My first receiver back in 1979 was a small Pioneer 580 (I think it was a 580). Love the looks of the old Pioneers. John
    Noborigama,
    Hi. Just saw your post directed to me. Yes, I listen almost exclusively to vinyl. I'm 46, so I grew up listening to vinyl, but just recently in the last 2 years or so have gotten back into vintage gear (and picking up used Lps I used to have!). Gear wise, nothing too special:
    Amps/receivers:
    HK 402A
    HK 330B
    HK 430 (x 2)
    HK 3470 (I think)
    Pioneer SX 525
    Pioneer SX 434
    (and others)
    TT:
    Pioneer PL 518 (original owner)
    Dual 1229Q
    Pioneer PL 15D
    HK T35C
    Dual 1215 (I think)
    Speakers:
    JBL L100
    Pioneer HPM 60 (original owner)
    The Advent Loudspeaker
    The Smaller Advent Loudspeaker
    KLH 17
    DLK 1 1/2
    Axiom M22 v2
    (others)
    various CD/DVD players.
    How about yourself?
    John
    Hey, thanks for the heads up! I went to a big sale this morning that turned out to be a dud. Hard to know how these things will play out.
    The case for the EQ and RG1 are both original and mint condition. Im very partial to walnut case Pioneer stuff, that is why I have the RT-1020s & CT-F9191 decks. I wish the turntable was real wood, but the PL-530 is close as I have found with the wood-like vinyl veneer. I realize the RT-909 and CT-F1000 are really nice decks with enhancements/performance that I dont have, but I just prefer the oldskool look and my equipment works fine for what I want. My ears love how my stuff sounds and like they say, "the only thing that matters is that your stuff sound good to you!"

I know Im an oldball, but I really dont care for the rack-mount look.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom