OldADC
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hello !
    Can you tell me if you can buy a stylus for ADC Astrion somewhere?
    Thank you!
    regards Yuriy
    Sorry, you had replyed to my post looking for a replacement stylus for my ADC Astrion but I have been experiencing computer issues and just got back online. Thanks again.
    I originally bought my ADC Astrion brand new and had to replace the stylus once before as my friend broke it. I still have the original velvet envelope and test papers with serial #1329. Well I had my turntable packed away for the last 25 years or so and decided to take out the vinyl again but the stylus didn't survive. I'm not sure what I could do to replace the stylus and I'm really no audiofile. Thanks.
    Why does the ADC Tech Series cartridge have such unbelievable channel separation and is it on par with a ZLM cartridge? Is there an actual Astrion cartridge? I must now track down an Astrion stylus, so I am excited to learn what you feel I can expect to learn by using it with my gear?
    OldADC
    OldADC
    The magnetic armature of the moving iron designs was modified in the manufacturing technique so as to produce machined flats on the armature for the interface with the Butyl rubber pivot block (the compliance element). The previous approach used a coining method to form the 4 orthogonal flats on the iron tube.
    OldADC
    OldADC
    Coining left somewhat indistinct edges between the tube and the flats as it presses the shape into the tube. By machining the tubes, the edges were crisp and well defined. Thus the position of the block/armature interface was better controlled, well defined, and more stable. There was no relaxation that made the block walk a bit in relative position.
    OldADC
    OldADC
    This really helped the mechanical precision of the moving part of the system and is what improved the cross-talk.
    i am embarrassed that i still do not know how to pm on this forum. i have several adc cartridge and stylus questions if you are game to field them?
    OldADC
    OldADC
    I would be more than happy too. Sorry it took me a while to see this. I've been rather busy the last couple of weeks. Shoot the questions, I'll answer what I can.
    Phono Cartridge Designer from the Old School. Designed ADC Astrion, LMF Tonearm & 3001 DD Turntable.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom