Recent content by oldboats

1. oldboats

BIG home system - have or ever heard one?

Thank you for the answer - that is a beautiful solution. Sure beats some nasty old egg foam!
  2. oldboats

BIG home system - have or ever heard one?

I wondered what is going on at the back wall in this picture? Is that some sort of acoustic treatment that I am unfamiliar with, or just stylized cabinetry?
  3. oldboats

Why are vintage speaker prices so high right now?

We are. Yes, there are a lot of high asking prices, and those are not getting prices - but the getting prices are still sky high for something that seems (almost) universally rejected as listening with the eyes. Listings on that auction site – look into them. 154332962751 – Pioneer CS-905 SOLD...
  4. oldboats

Check again. Prices on those are plenty high, and I know that they "end up" in the hands of plenty of vintage audio junkies - when they buy out the whole system. Then they often get sold again, some at astonishingly high prices. Do both - what're ya, scared? Not true, there are a lot of...
  5. oldboats

Note botrytis' brutal (regardless of offense) honesty, take into account his post number, and examine his avatar. This fits.
  6. oldboats

Twin Cities as in which twin cities? Not Minneapolis / St. Paul is it? I was going to ask about...

Twin Cities as in which twin cities? Not Minneapolis / St. Paul is it? I was going to ask about your Kyocera, but for some reason I cannot respond in BT and I do not see where to send you a PM.
  7. oldboats

Yes, Your ADS L980s Can Rock a Wedding!

I have done that at some different events and usually it results in someone else asking me to do another. Maybe I should have been a DJ instead of getting a "real" job. They are fun to do though, aren't they? Congratulations to the newlyweds and good for you for hosting the music.
  8. oldboats

I think it is a combination of factors. Boomer (at their wealth peak) nostalgia, weak dollar and inflation, the vintage and vinyl craze, a yearning for the "golden age" of a product, and lastly - THE PANDEMIC. People have time to sit at home and shop. More competition equals higher prices. I...
  9. oldboats

A Bunch of (New) old Kenwoods

That your taste is improving? (Okay, that was unfair...) ;)
  10. oldboats

Kenwood KR-9060

Well, what happened? Are you the proud owner or are you going to pass the deal on to someone else?
  11. oldboats

What songs do you want played at your funeral?

A friend's father had rather insisted on this being played at his funeral - but instead they used something generic and melancholy. It did not fit him well, but his request would have.
  12. oldboats

Kenwood KR-1000 “Galaxy Commander” - both silver and black

Nice find - I always thought that it would be cool to have both together in a setup.
  13. oldboats

Streaming CD player

I do not have a definitive answer for you on this, as I just Googled it after reading your post. What I can tell you is that the one that I found a short review of played CDs and streamed from your network, supposedly recognizing all devices. I do not know if that means it streams from your...
  14. oldboats

Storage unit full! (ND)

Well, at least someone (and even someone who has some knowledge) went and looked. To hear you tell it, though - I should be able to drive in nearly any direction and have top end gear just fall in my lap, which I also know is not true. Not everyone from North Dakota has well cared for low end...
  15. oldboats

Have I been banned on CL?

It would not alleviate problems of getting flagged for similar content.
Back
Top Bottom