Recent content by Patrick_W

1. Patrick_W

Crime of the Mid Century

Absolutely stunning work! Congratulations. May I ask what font did you use for your Fisher chassis graphics? It looks spot on.
  2. Patrick_W

Just picked up an HH Scott Type 272 Amp-Preamp

Congratulations! That 272 really looks nice. And with the cleaned controls and new tubes I bet it sounds really amazing. I know those white ceracaps have a rep for sounding fine and testing fine for much longer that should be expected. Most people here on the Tube forum would advise you to...
  3. Patrick_W

Eico HF-89, help needed with tubes

The EH 6CA7 are my favorite and have proven for me be the best sounding EL-34 new tubes out there. I like those a lot. I also can give a thumbs up to the new production Tung Sol EL-34B tube. I was fortunate to pick up a pair of quads of each the EH and Tung Sol tubes before the prices went...
  4. Patrick_W

MX112 opinions please

Interesting! I asked basically the opposite question here a year or so ago. I have an MX113 and MC2105 combo. I was asking about maybe getting a 4100 because of the ability to run 3 sets of speakers vs. the 2105 which has one set of speaker outputs. Folks chimed in here and said that I would...
  5. Patrick_W

Dynaco PAS 2/3 or 3x ????

Nice pickup! It looks to be in pristine shape.
  6. Patrick_W

400 Cabinet veneer repair

Head over to the Speakers forum. It is a great place to learn about small veneer repairs. Or the ambitious task of re-veneering a cabinet. I have done a few minor repairs on speaker cabinet veneer by reading through threads like the one below. I know it is hard to find now with the search...
  7. Patrick_W

Fisher SA-300 find… very nice sound!

Or they have a very pretty cage!
  8. Patrick_W

The Fisher SA300 is an EL34 power amp has two 5AR4 rectifier tubes, so Fisher got it right. However, Fishers's own EL34 integrated amp the X-1000 did not have any rectifiers, as it seems Fisher ditched tube rectification at some point with their integrated amps. I believe the Scott integrated...
  9. Patrick_W

Beautiful amp! What a nice score, and one that looks to be in fantastic shape. An EL-34 integrated will really make your Altecs sing. My NYC tech find is Pat Kauffman who works out of Main Drag. He may be able to help you.
  10. Patrick_W

Matching Preamps with amps

Many thanks! I was caught up reading about impedances in the Mac forum. Since my MC30s have an imput impedance of 500k ohms I wanted to make sure that they would work. Sorry for the thread hijack. Carry on.
  11. Patrick_W

Matching Preamps with amps

Not to question your knowledge on Fisher items Larry, as you probably have forgotten more about Fisher products just today than I will ever know in my lifetime, but did you possibly mean 30,0000 or 30k Ω for the output? I too am thinking about pairing a Fisher tube pre (President of the CX2...
  12. Patrick_W

Finally! C32 and MC2105 working and home!

Congratulations! They look beautiful together.
  13. Patrick_W

Glass faceplate comparison: Original vs Modern replacement

That helps a lot! Thank you. Very coo to see McIntosh is back to manufacturing the gold lettering. I will place my own order for one.
  14. Patrick_W

Glass faceplate comparison: Original vs Modern replacement

Were any of your new glass purchases for a MC2105? I bought glass about 3 years ago, and with the lights off there is no gold lettering. I had wanted to switch out the bubbling glass on a 2105, but have been decided to keep it as is until the bubbling gets to be too much. This certainly would...
  15. Patrick_W

Restoring JVC-Nivico SRC-700U-rubber bushing part source question and Plinth re-veneer resto.

Glenn, Once again, absolutely stellar job on this table. I am always impressed by your patience and skill to get things exactly perfect. I am sure the turntable sounds so amazing that most folks hearing the table don't even realize what a great job you did with the veneer! The color of the...
Back
Top Bottom