Recent content by pauljh

1. pauljh

Infinity 2000A Restoration

I have a spare pair of original woofers.
  2. pauljh

Infinity 2000A Restoration

Maybe MCI Audio and I may know a private party that might be interested.
  3. pauljh

I need a little help with gamma SCU

The Servo outputs on the back of the SCU need to go to a separate bass amp whose outputs go to the low-freq terminals on the speakers. The inputs on the SCU include a set of paralleled “bypass” jacks which should be hooked up to another amplifier for the mid/high frequencies. The output of that...
  4. pauljh

Servo-static 1 A parts ?

So sorry. My mistake, I saw "Infinity 1 A" and missed "Servo Static" If you need a tweeter for a SS1, the blue RTR tweeters show up occasionally on eBay. If you need a mid-range panel for a SS1, you are on your own. However, all is not lost. Infinity started by manufacturing these panels...
  5. pauljh

Servo-static 1 A parts ?

Repair diaphragms are readably available for both the EMITs and EMIMs. One good source is American Vintage Audio. The woofers in the RS1a/b towers have butyl rubber surrounds. They will last forever, or at least as long as you are likely to live.
  6. pauljh

Do the original Infinity Modulus speakers do well in nearfield use?

I have both the Infinitesimals (0.3) and the Modulus (2 pair). Without the subwoofer for the Modulus, I greatly prefer the Infinitesimals.
  7. pauljh

Infinity 2000a speakers - AKer gift updated

The tweeters are in a line array. When they are horizontal they will have wide vertical dispersion, and poor horizontal dispersion resulting in a head in a vice one place sweet listening spot. Moving your head left and right will result in big changes in high frequency response. When they are...
  8. pauljh

IRS Beta Different response Mid/Highs Left v Right

This may be obvious, but did you swap the speakers side to side or measure them separately from the same position in the middle of the room? Room modes could easily cause that difference.
  9. pauljh

Infinity 2000A Project

More information in this thread
  10. pauljh

A new Kappa emerges.

Good luck!
  11. pauljh

Paul McGowan on what Arnie Nudell thought about Infinity woofers

A woofer could have that level of distortion, but I agree that a planar midrange probably will not.
  12. pauljh

They must be measuring at the very lower end of the EMIM range. I think I remember reading that they had removed the high-pass filter for the EMIMS and were driving them directly (only using the active crossover).
  13. pauljh

how many models do you currently have?

Wow. Do you have a warehouse to store these? Do you have a favorite?
  14. pauljh

how many models do you currently have?

2000A Infinitesimal 0.3 RS1b Modulus System (1991) - Satellites (2 pair) and Servo Subwoofer … all still owned and operating.
  15. pauljh

Mid-bass driver(s) with a DSP crossover (my guess}
Back
Top Bottom