Recent content by pedroboe

1. pedroboe

I bought brand new Amcron DC300A and IC150 pre

Thanks so much. I go an afordable variac of the asian variety on amazon. Tomorrow will be the countdown! I will go slow and then will try with my cheap kef Q100s, just for safety! then the celestion SL6si will go next. I am not sure about the Quads, I remember seeing something about adding caps...
  2. pedroboe

Thanks. I do have a mono only setup with a single klipsh la scala and a miyajima spirit mono cartridge. At the time, I am using a very old tube Harman kardon tiny mono integrated. One of the things that attracted me to these Crown units was the ability to be used in mono. I guess I should get...
  3. pedroboe

Hi All I bought a brand new time capsule, never turned on! I am worried, a friend said that it cannot be turned on, only with a variac. At this point I am wondering if it's worth sending it to Crown, or just selling the units to a DIY afficionado. They look beautiful, I opened the box just to...
  4. pedroboe

Vintage Pickering UV-15 Cart (Needs New Stylus) HELP...

Hi all I recently got the uv 15 2000Q, nos presumably. Looks like the suspension has hardened a bit as it would not pass the easiest tracking tests in some of the common test records. I have been playing it for at least 10 hours and I believe it is improving. I noticed that the longer I play...
  5. pedroboe

Support needledrop for France

Hello, I am not sure if this is the right place to post, but I made a needledrop in solidarity, featuring Alpha Blondy MAybe others want to make some...
  6. pedroboe

Show us your cartridges and/or tonearms!

Marantz and BIN 323
  7. pedroboe

I have an Audio Technica AT150MLX

I am having the same trouble with denon 301mk2. It sounds a little annoying and hyperactive compared to my at 33ev. I just love the 33ev and always end up listening to it as my favorite. It does have that "set it and forget it" feel. Did get recently an oc9ll from the lp gear special and it's...
  8. pedroboe

Help, The Bass has taken a hike!

Thanks everyone. I took two sudafed tablets and the bass seems to be coming back. Allergies I guess. I should have known. Cheapest upgrade I ever did. I am still giving those 12au7s the evil eye as I hear a lot of hiss with the volume down. Enjoy your weekend.
  9. pedroboe

No, everything has been the same except I moved the source component rack. The speaker cables are only ten feet long. I do know when the bass exactly went away but I have always enjoyed prodigious amounts of bass without the need of a subwoofer. I started to blame my lp playback since thats all...
  10. pedroboe

The bass was amazing and almost too much with the focal electras. One of the advantages of hybrid amps supposedly, is the great bass and high damping factor. The bass is there and perhaps some would actually liked it because there is no boominess with either source.
  11. pedroboe

Thanks for the reply. I should have specified that imaging is five. I am very sensitive to the system being out of phase, so I would know.
  12. pedroboe

Hi All I will make this short. I have a nice analog setup with a few LOMC and couple of MMs, Project Tube ds. Also running a Pioneer N50a streamer, does DSD also. Focal electra 1007BE and Spendor s6e All driven by a Rogue Pharaoh which I got new 7months ago. Everything sounds great...
  13. pedroboe

Pioneer PL-518? / Good / Better / Best /

Hi all. I got my 518 from a guy in Oregon who refurbs them and it has a custom new wood plinth, not just veneer. I have owned a Rega a Roksan (cheap model) and well tempered. I am just not willing to spend that much on high end TT this time around. I ended up outspending the price of the TT with...
Back
Top Bottom