Penn42
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• Hello! I'm researching my Dual 1219 platter's wobble (otherwise I got it all fixed up!) and I came across a thread in which you generously offered to the OP a 1219 platter you weren't using. If you still have that platter I would be grateful to have it! I'd cover shipping, of course, and barter a "giclee" fine art print of one of my watercolors if you'd like (robbielee-illustrator.com) Thanks!
    Rapide If you look at bottom of Boston Acoustics A400 revival you will see my Living room system and a late night rambling note
    Thanks for notes.. Quit going to local Goodwill after about 20 years of no luck. Hello Good Bye ?? Not familiar with that one....unless small new thrift store past airport. I have a Lot of gear that soon will be posted on Medford CL...am hoping to trade something towards my latest Quest...an Advent 300 rcvr.
    Penn42...I'm in Ashland..5 hours from any civilization.. in Portland or the Bay Area. Just drove 600+ miles to buy Boston Acoustics A400's. Got tired of waiting in the desert for any sign of life on local CL....only Boses crawling by. Hope you enjoy your A70's...and the music oppurtunities of Eugene.
    Reactions: CopperWizard
    Penn42
    Penn42
    I'm very much so enjoying my A70's. I grew up in Bend and was into jazz for my high school years and came to resent the isolation in that area when it came to that music. I'm sure Ashland & audio gear is the same situation. I bet those A400's were worth it, though!
    Reactions: Rapide
    CopperWizard
    CopperWizard
    Ashland has a descent market as well. I saw some Magnaplaner at Goodwill recently. The Goodwill next to Bi Mart is a good spot but stuff goes fast. Aurel Tecnologies has a tube repair guy there too. A neat little shop is called Hello Good Buy in Ashland as well.
    Nice to see another member from Eugene on here!
    Reactions: Penn42
    Penn42
    Penn42
    I'm glad to be here. Relatively new around here and relatively new to the vintage audio world as well. Joined to start working towards recapping my 737 myself and now that that's done I've got it paired with a pair of Boston acoustics a 70s and I'm so glad I took the time to learn and bring it back to glory! What speakers are those in your profile pic?
    CopperWizard
    CopperWizard
    They are Marantz Imperial 6. We have some great thrift stores for vintage stuff if you are into that. I just changed out a few caps myself today in a magnavox tube amp.
    Penn42
    Penn42
    I've yet to have a great thrift store score, but I'm sure it'll happen sometime. I always stop by if I'm around one, which isn't hard because there's so many!
    I have a 1219 chassis that I robbed of some parts. The tonearm wires seem to be intact. Email me with your address and I will send what I have to you to help in your restoration. My email is radaniel@bellsouth.net. Title your message as 1219 parts so I don't miss it. No charge. I hope this helps you out.
    Reactions: Penn42
    Penn42
    Penn42
    Hey, did you get my email last week regarding this offer? Just wondering whether or not I should be existing a package.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom