Recent content by petervv

1. petervv

Technics SU-9070 transformer repair

Looks like the photos have gone missing, I will repost them My advice is the same as in 2017, don't start 'digging' as I did but carefully cut the yellow tape below the wires on both side and then try to locate the fuse, it will be more or less in the middle of the transformer. Cut both wires...
  2. petervv

Pics of your listening space

my attic
  3. petervv

Garrard 301/401 owners club!

hi Guys, I've joined the club! Just got a oil bearing 301, straight from an attic where it sat for a long time. After some googling I learned that the tone arm is a Shure M232 with a broken off headshell. The plinth is made from thin plywood with a nice veneer. It came from a private home so I...
  4. petervv

IMF owners thread!

hi Guys, Just saw a pair of 8 Ohm HF1300 MkII's for sale on our dutch auction site: https://www.marktplaats.nl/v/audio-tv-en-foto/luidsprekers/m1822278199-celestion-hf1300-mkii-8-ohm These are perfect for speakers like TLS80 & RSPM Mk4, filters were designed for 8 ohms 1300's. I've already got...
  5. petervv

hoi Pioneeradept, de 100V/50Hz versie draait prima op een kleine verhuistrafo 230V-110V. Nadeel...

hoi Pioneeradept, de 100V/50Hz versie draait prima op een kleine verhuistrafo 230V-110V. Nadeel is dat de verhuistrafo ook weer stroom staat te verbruiken, meer nog dan de klok zelf. Daarom ben ik op zoek gegaan naar een 220V/50Hz motor en uiteindelijk gewoon het hele loopwerkje heb vervangen...
  6. petervv

IMF owners thread!

sorry, didn't see the add is marked 'sold
  7. petervv

IMF owners thread!

no affiliation to seller, price seems reasonable: https://www.ukaudiomart.com/details/649599361-celestion-hf-1300-mk2-nos-8-ohms/
  8. petervv

IMF owners thread!

To my ears, the crossover with the B110 was not correct, resulting in a peaky high-midrange / low-treble, after finding 8 ohm 1300's the RSPM's sounded like I remembered from 1978, remarkably neutral for a speaker from the 70's :-) You could look for HF1300 Mk 2's, I think all of these are 8...
  9. petervv

IMF owners thread!

I like my RSPM Mk4's a lot more with 8 Ohm 1300's versus the 4 Ohm version they had when I bought them.
  10. petervv

Pioneer Timers

hi guys, I had been on the lookout for a JT-215a for a very long time, at least 10 years, but they don't show up very often in the Netherlands. Last week I was able to buy two PP-215a's (= Japanese version of the JT-215a) in one go! The add stated one was 100V/50Hz, the second one 100V/60Hz, of...
  11. petervv

IMF owners thread!

Returned to my RSPM's after using the Magnepan 1.6's + sub for a while, for the occasion I treated them with some furniture oil, they still look perfect after all these years, they really are special speakers. I fell in love with them hearing them at a local dealer somewhere around 1978-1980...
  12. petervv

IMF owners thread!

The advertising on the front is indeed a sticker, you have to remove it also to disassemble the tweeter. It's quite a robust sticker, if you peel it off slowly it doesn't get damaged. The Hypex nCore amps are certainly not warm sounding, but also not harsh at all. The control, detail and stereo...
  13. petervv

IMF owners thread!

hi Rohan, I got them from a dutch action site. kind regards, Peter
  14. petervv

IMF owners thread!

Found some spareparts for my RSPM's, NOS HF 1300MkII including original packaging and gaskets. It's always a special feeling to aquire something this old that's never been used. According to Jerry from Falcon these MkII's are a perfect replacement for the originals. I'm still using my RSPM's on...
  15. petervv

SX 1250 FROM SCRATCH

hi Rhodus, Nice to see you're still into repairing SX-1250's! I'm still enyoing the 1250 that I could finish thanks to the parts I got from you very much! The making of it in this thread: https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/i-finally-found-a-sx-1250-but.677841/ Seeing your list of...
Back
Top Bottom