Recent content by pfcs49

1. pfcs49

An Aquarium in the Listening room?

My tank, CripZen, was posted 11 years ago in this thread. It's been set up for 15 years now. Since the other post here, it now guzzles CO2, using 20lbs every ~5mos. Here's it now as the day is ending and the new/LED lights do their sunset cycle.
  2. pfcs49

Korvet 003

When I was younger (13) and wanted to be a nature photographer, East Germany produced a cheap SLR (Exa) which I purchased for ~$24
  3. pfcs49

Hello friends, it's been a while...

Hey Paul!! It's been over a month since you posted you were back. Since then, nothing. Are you OK?
  4. pfcs49

I'm not too optimistic. That Feb 5 post shows as his last activity, but hopefully he'll show up. Years ago, when I wanted a tonearm bayonet plug, he took something apart and sent it to me. I remember his kindness and hope to reciprocate somehow. I was able to make an ultra-light "head shell" to...
  5. pfcs49

Hey there old friend! Hope you're still mobile. My attention turned towards LIPO batteries and gimp mobility. This is Frankenscooter. I attaches in seconds, goes 35mph, and travels at least 40 miles! After pushing this 200lb well done pot roast around for 30 years, it's EMANCIPATION!! Let me...
  6. pfcs49

Any Friends of Bill W here @ AudioKarma

41 years and wish I dropped the rock sooner!
  7. pfcs49

Adapter to use Ortofon OM cartridges on B&O Beograms; Why am I wrong? pt 2

No, but I'll give my opinion: the MMC1 & MMC 2 B&O cartridges are marvelous! So much that when I cleaned out the junks behind my business and the yard gave me 18 Franklins, I waved them in front of Peter Lederman and he gave me a "The Voice" cartridge for it. The Voice was chosen as a...
  8. pfcs49

Linear Tracking Turntables...

A man of great sophistication and discernment, and a step above the struggling crowd below! And it just happens that my favorites (and for a LONG time now!) are my Yamaha PX-2 and B&O 8002 decks. Seriously lovable turntables.
  9. pfcs49

You know, there's something called a chicken cannon (used to test airframes). It will shoot chicken cadaver thousands of feet up at near supersonic speed. Works well for cats as well :)
  10. pfcs49

if you took off the anti-skating maybe you could have a horse in this race but I think you'd still loose! With linear tracking, there is NO skating force, applied or developed. Where pivoting arms get in trouble over bad warps is that on the downhill side they unweight and skip grooves. They...
  11. pfcs49

Dalquist DQ9c (compact) woofer?

I'm trying to purge after hoarding, and I've done pretty well. Sold two PX2 decks and the Krell FPB300! 76 and don't want my wife dealing with a bunch of old electronics in the not so distant future :) But when a pair of DQ9c turned up for $200, I added it to the other two pair of speakers I...
  12. pfcs49

Step Up Transformer with mm cartridge

WOW! Here's a nearly perfect answer: recent service failure (the neutral leg of our service opened) taking out many things including two NAD L40 receivers. Both were secondary systems so I shopped around and got two Yamaha R-303D receivers @$350 each. In addition to phono inputs, CD, and two...
  13. pfcs49

Has anyone tried to unwarp a vinyl using a heated bed of a 3D Printer?

IMO it's far from average! In fact, good enough to justify a $2K cartridge. and it is simply amazing over warps; amazing
  14. pfcs49

Step Up Transformer with mm cartridge

I have the same issue! Fix was to match my CD deck and tuner to the phono using in-line attenuators. Now when I switch sources there's no drama AND I can'r blow a speaker at max volume (which is un-listenable)
  15. pfcs49

Has anyone tried to unwarp a vinyl using a heated bed of a 3D Printer?

find a B&O 8002. end of problem!
Back
Top Bottom