Recent content by phonomac

1. P

Sansui AU-D707x (volume control issue)

The -3dB frequency of the 47uF with the 3.6k of R21 is 0.94 Hz, call it 1Hz for simplicity. At twice that frequency (ie around 2Hz) the response will be approximately -1dB and at 5 Hz it will be - 0.2dB. If you now replace the 47uF with 4.7uF these frequencies rise by a factor of 10, so -3dB at...
  2. P

Sansui AU-D707x (volume control issue)

As shown its function is to reduce the DC gain of the control amp, With S10 set to defeat the tone controls R28 is shorted out and the feedback loop goes from the collector junctions of Q5, 6 via R20 acting as a voltage divider with R21 to define the gain. The capacitor (if ideal) will have...
  3. P

Idler drive spinning too fast. Is there a speed control for AC motors?

Better not let the Lenco crowd see that :D
  4. P

EAR 834 clone

So do I. That still doesn't make you right. The AT33 Mono has a 10Hz compliance of 12 -14 cu (measured) with a mass of 6.9 gm. In a tonearm of 12 gm effective mass (the popular way to describe the result of moment of inertia) that places the resonance at 9 - 11 Hz, which most people would be...
  5. P

EAR 834 clone

Do you actually know how to read and understand specifications?
  6. P

What Table is Jimi Using?

Garrard 401
  7. P

Battery powered SP1- MkII

!40V required for the neon lamp in the strobe - no other purpose and no effect on drive/control..
  8. P

Current AK frustrations

Thank you for that, seems to be working fine so far.
  9. P

Current AK frustrations

Why do I have to keep logging in every time i visit the site? It happens even when I re-visit having been logged in (and tagged to be kept logged in) 2 hours earlier. I have no problems with log-in status being retained on other forums. Any help will be very welcome.
  10. P

Technics SP15 78rpm issues

All electronic parts for an SP-15 are most certainly NOT available. The MN6042 has been unobtainable for at least 8 years - I bought the last two genuine ones at that time. FidelisAanalog does produce a modern FPGA substitute. The most likely cause of running like a jet turbine is dry joints on...
  11. P

Alexey Korf post at Lencoheaven about tonearms

I just need to point out that the analysis in the B&K paper is fundamentally flawed. The conclusion was that a low mass arm with damping was better than two other medium mass arms without damping. Unless the conditions for testing are the same (ie all damped or all undamped) you cannot draw a...
  12. P

proses repair D11ii

No, the NJM devices are a very good match for the C3519/A1386. Similar fT and capacitance, and with better Ic/hFE linearity.
  13. P

DIY Tonearm

Nice work there, well done.
  14. P

Unknown Ton Arm

Rega R200 - made by Acos in Japan and based on the Acos Lustre tonearm. Bias is adjusted by toothed belt which tends to break when old, apart from that a good medium mass tonearm.
  15. P

AU-D11ii : Slight buzz on one channel with Tone On

I think there are two possible culprits here, both related to the fact that the indicator lamps are driven by ac voltage (not one of Sansui's smarter decisions!). The easier one to fix is to look at the wiring which runs from the control amp board to the indicator board and see if you can...
Back
Top Bottom