Share This Page

pjsjr

Playing Around, from Colorado

Subscriber
pjsjr was last seen:
Viewing thread The Official SOTA Turntable Thread, May 21, 2018 at 9:10 PM
    1. GrampaDave
      GrampaDave
      I unintentionally misled you. LM-1002 (mine, yours, and everybody's) is indeed 33-1/3, but it's a 78 transfer - that is, RCA cut it from a 78 master disk or possibly even just a pressing -, and I can hear 78rpm wow at times. I liked it better on the second play, but still, that echo...! Play it again whenever you feel like it. If it's convenient, send me a rip. If you want, I'll rip mine and send it to you.
    2. GrampaDave
      GrampaDave
      In a thread from 2009, you mention you have RCA Victor LM 1002, Scheherazade, SFO conducted by Pierre Monteux. I just put that on for the first time, and I have strong mixed feelings. I like the performance, but the sound is awful! Speed is shaky with 78 wow, every fortissimo overloads, and worst of all, there's so much slap echo that I wondered if they left the mike out in the corridor. First thought afterward: "Unlistenable. Damn!" I'll try again, but I'd like to compare notes, since you have it too. What's your pressing like?

Thanks,
      Dave Wise
  • About

retired
    Like a varied musicial menu, sometimes get stuck on one genre for a time, just depends.

Some outdoor stuff - some indoor stuff