Recent content by playittwice

1. playittwice

Inexpensive way to make feet for amps

I’ve used these with great success. Cheap, easy and don’t scratch. Stack em to the height you want/need. Paint em the color you like. Lots of options, this is what I have on hand and work great.
  2. playittwice

Adcom GFA 535II running hot.

Thanks, good to know. I have it set to factory now (7mv) I will let ya know how it goes.
  3. playittwice

Could be more, but should also be sufficient the way it’s set up. I have other amps in this same stand with no issues with heat. I’ll run it for a bit after I set the bias and see what happens. I’ll keep my fan handy.
  4. playittwice

Just finished checking/setting bias. It was a bit high; 13mv on one channel and 10mv on the other. Can’t imagine that would be enough to matter in the slightest. Both have been set to 7mv. It must be a characteristic of this amp, it’s been so long since I’ve used it , I forgot how warm it runs...
  5. playittwice

Since putting this amp back into service, I’m noticing it runs warmer than I would expect on the top of the cabinet. Issues? Bias? Anyone else experience this, or is this normal behavior?
  6. playittwice

Adcom GFA 535II and GPT500

To explain and elaborate a touch on my reasons for posting this in the first place was: I’ve been reading several posts lately that state; “vintage vs new”. I really had no incentive to try to compare the Adcom vs Sansui, it was a “by chance” thing. Since I sold my 999, I had a vacant shelf in...
  7. playittwice

Well a 20 year spread is considerably newer to me when comparing ‘70 to ‘90. 20 years in electronics is like a light year in technology. IMO. I started out with a GFA 555 on my K-horns, but decided I prefer the 535. Both good though.
  8. playittwice

Well after a long hiatus from this pairing I purchased new in 1989, I sold my Sansui AU999 and put this pair in its place. Wow I forgot how good this pair sounds together into my k-horns. I was always in the vintage camp, and now tubes mostly. But it was a cool surprise to hear what the “newer...
  9. playittwice

Pre-amp tube recommendations

Bugle Boy.
  10. playittwice

“The Fisher” badge.

That’s what I’m coming up with as well. Nothing.
  11. playittwice

“The Fisher” badge.

Anyone know if these are being reproduced by someone by chance?
  12. playittwice

Permission to paint Dual 1219 bread-box?

There is something about wood and metal-made designs from the golden era. Seems like everything we buy and touch nowadays is plastic. I know it’s not a TT, but I couldn’t imagine painting my speakers. To add to that, my son just bought a new pair of LaScalas. They are not even oiled anymore...
  13. playittwice

Tube I.D.

No worries Mr. B! I’m probably overthinking this anyway. My thought is; if they sound good, they are good, but when I need to buy/replace them it’s nice to know what to get. Thanks for the help and clarification.
  14. playittwice

Tube I.D.

I’m assuming the ones I have are what you show. Bummer there isn’t any more info on the tubes. So they are a 7025 rather than a 12ax7, the 7025 is a low-noise-low hum version of the 12ax7. Good to know. My research shows there is a long plate and a short plate version. The ones I have are...
  15. playittwice

Tube I.D.

So my takeaway from this is; I’m a lucky chap to have snagged some good ones!
Back
Top Bottom