Recent content by PPstereo

1. PPstereo

Any idea about these speakers?

What model do you suspect my drivers are?
  2. PPstereo

Any idea about these speakers?

Bringing this thread back to life as an owner of a pair of McCauley B1240 drivers, or so I think??? And this thread has proven to be most useful when searching these drivers. Im aware the OP is long gone ;) Info on the B1240 driver is scarce to be kind. Also McCauley's site appears to be left...
  3. PPstereo

Hardeeville SC Canton Sonus Faber JM Lab ADS EV EV Svetlana

Very cool variety of gear. But how the heck do dust caps get ripped off Focal towers like that ?!?
  4. PPstereo

Today's Potatoes

This makes it sound like a non ebay purchase? Just typically theres isnt much back and fourth between parties is all. It may have been what you thought. Just as I said before, bad displays happen. And not just in PC laptops. Thats TABs issue I mentioned happens a good deal IME. Not sure how...
  5. PPstereo

Today's Potatoes

Ah the 2011 mbp with the dreaded AMD 6750m hot plate. I know I wrote about my experience with one. The reflow of the AMD GPU is a VERY temporary fix. As I, Apple and many others learned. My hunch is the AMD gpu is in fact disabled on your units. I cant imagine the sellers noting this info and...
  6. PPstereo

Today's Potatoes

Hey my fix wasnt "easy". ;) Really given my lack of recent Apple repair work it took more putzing than it would take me now with my gained knowledge. So to add to the story. The battery I bought arrived today and seems to be working great so far. Im happy to see its reporting to hold a true...
  7. PPstereo

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Found an IBM Model M mechanical keyboard for $3. Whats amazing is my buddy Im giving it to looked up its date code and this one was manufactured in 1999. Just imagine that, a fricken keyboard had a 15 year production run. Thats insane. Hardly any 1 type of thing is made for that long. Let...
  8. PPstereo

Today's Potatoes

I just recently learned about this movement. We have Ifixit to thank for pushing and funding a lot of this. The john deer case was shocking to me. Im amazed some farmer didnt visit their office wearing a suicide vest. This one really blew me away. You need to change your 8k lb tractor's...
  9. PPstereo

JBL 4435s in Los Angeles C/L

Took me a while to get the $1400 I was asking for my 4430s. They were in outstanding condition and I had far better pics. Personally I dont see the ad disappearing soon. But clearly not thinking $300 lol. I miss those speakers but they were not perfect IMO. But also not overly offensive in...
  10. PPstereo

Today's Potatoes

Its ALIVE!!! Socal my struggle might help you some day at your rate LOL So it is an early 2013 i7 3740QM cpu, 16gb ram, 512gb ssd, Intel HD/ Nvidia GT650m retina display. Again, was given to me, wont power up. This is true. Without a battery installed it wont power up unless one holds the...
  11. PPstereo

Today's Potatoes

Yeah I read about both forms of bypassing PWs. I havent taken the time to see if Im dealing with a firmware PW by selecting a different boot device. This era used Nvidia video chips so no major hardware heat issues. AMD has always been the king of heat up until recently. Now Intel and...
  12. PPstereo

Been too busy to post here for a bit. But last week I had a cool GW find. And in all my years thrifting there Id never found something quite like this. Seems its a very well regarded multi band radio. And omg does it weigh and feel as one. Sounds amazing too for such a radio of the time...
  13. PPstereo

Today's Potatoes

You instantly came to mind when I got another haul of computer ewaste from another buddy. In the mix was this early 2013 MBP A1398 EMC 2673. It wouldnt post with the clearly damaged battery connected. But when removed it would power up with the power button pressed and held and then connecting...
  14. PPstereo

Oh I understand it. Here in the states Ive always heard it pronounced like "beatamax". My first love of the British tongue was listening to Christopher Hitchens videos.
  15. PPstereo

School's out- who do you leave with?

Yikes Shominy. Your lovely lady friends were skinny enough before. One went a little too far given this latest photo ;)
Back
Top Bottom