Last Activity:
Aug 15, 2018 at 11:07 AM

Followers 1

Sertified Solder Slinger

Share This Page

primosounds

SE KT120 w/ 6J5G drivers. LCLC ps + 2 x 5ar4, Male, from Terra, 21st century CE

Subscriber

Enjoying 10 watts of pure class A while sipping a cold brewski. Hoping my kids can have this too. Jun 24, 2018

primosounds was last seen:
Aug 15, 2018 at 11:07 AM
    1. Kennyg2209
      Kennyg2209
      What I decided to use for this build is two 500mh 300ma chokes. The specs call for a a 10h , but this seems to work better. I need to drop some voltage anyway. I was hoping to put them under the chassis also. What would you have in that area, up to 10h, min 200ma? How much for them?

Thanks, kennyg
      1. View previous comments...
      2. primosounds
        primosounds
        I forgot to mention that they have ceramic standoffs instead of wire leads. These would be way over 100 bucks a piece if made today.
        Aug 1, 2018
      3. Kennyg2209
        Kennyg2209
        Ya, that's a little more than I can afford. I appreciate the offer though. For now I'll just stick with the 500mh for $20 . They'll fit nicely under the chassis.

Thanks again!

Kennyg
        Aug 1, 2018
      4. primosounds
        primosounds
        The chokes in a single ended amp power supply are critical for reducing the AC component in the B+ . Comparing your requirement of a 10H vs 0.5H choke is not going to get the job done. Not only will the voltage regulation and voltage drop be less , the amount of noise in the B+ will be more. I just thought i would mention it.
        Aug 1, 2018
    2. webnick
      webnick
      More than a grand for just the rebuild. Highly recommend Steve Clarke for any rebuild project. Mirko is also very good and actually manufactures parts from his machine shop.
    3. primosounds
      primosounds
      Enjoying 10 watts of pure class A while sipping a cold brewski. Hoping my kids can have this too.
    4. primosounds
      primosounds
      Blue Bomber Amp: SE 5992 x 2, 5691 RCA red base , 6106 rectifier. Turning cold war electronics into beautiful music reproduction.
    5. primosounds
      primosounds
      Blue Bomber Amp: SE 5992 x 2, 5691 RCA red base , 6106 rectifier
    6. primosounds
      primosounds
      Just built the Krenum Quad, PSE EL84 with LCLC power supply LM317 bias control = 12 W of superb sound
    7. Couldbfishin
      Couldbfishin
      Hello Primosounds,
      I understand you have a Heathkit W-5M power transformer 54-32 that is in working order and you are asking $100 for it. If you still have it I am ready to make a quick deal. I will pay you through PayPal, the $100, PP fee, and shipping cost.
  • About

Sertified Solder Slinger